Re: [ny mobilitymanagers] Re: Taxi service for paratransit - request from Cindy Chambers, Ulster County

Petrie, Betty

May 23, 2013, 12:36:44 PM5/23/13
to nymobilit...@googlegroups.com, cc...@co.ulster.ny.us
Centro uses taxi and livery companies for both scheduled and "on as needed basis".  FAR regulations apply for contracting and FTA subcontractor supervision requirements apply as well.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

From: "cc...@co.ulster.ny.us" <cc...@co.ulster.ny.us>
To: "Mengel, Dwight (DFA3-A50)" <Dwight...@dfa.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:52:08 -0400
Subject: Taxi service for paratransit

Hi Dwight,

Do you know if we can use taxi companies to run our paratransit service on an as needed basis, not an every day situation? Would you happen to  know what the regulations are on this as well? Thank you for your help.

Cindy Chambers
Public Transit Coordinator
Ulster County Area Transit
845-334-8421

Cindy & I discussed this use of taxis in ADA paratransit. She is looking for a cost effective way to serve infrequent, off-peak requests.

Cindy thought that the County would ask the taxi to collect distance and time data for NTD. We discussed drug-testing requirements for taxi drivers if the ADA customer did not choose the taxi company. We discussed using vouchers for ADA-certified customers to arrange their own trips. What do you think?

Thank you in advance.

Dwight Mengel
Tompkins County

http://www.MobilityManager.weebly.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NYMobilityManagers" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nymobilitymanagers?hl=en-US.