Mesmerized by Red Admirals

Colleen Wolpert

Apr 30, 2024, 10:52:43 AMApr 30
to New York Leps

Red Admirals are still migrating through my yard onn 4/30/2024.  I stood on a path taken by both northbound and southbound butterflies in the past.  A northbound Red Admiral whizzed by every 10-20 seconds taking the same route up to my deck and then up and over my house.  I find that fascinating and I am wanting to understand more about what guides these first time visitors to take the same path.

Colleen Wolpert

Apalachin, NY

Gary Stell

Apr 30, 2024, 8:34:46 PMApr 30
to Colleen Wolpert, New York Leps
This afternoon we made a pass-through Montezuma WLR.  There were many Red Admirals nectaring on Garlic Mustard. The Stinging Nettles were leafing out.

Gary Stell