wwwnyinyi203@gmail.com

Nyi Nyi

Apr 7, 2017, 11:21:38 PM4/7/17
to NyiNyi

Breaking News:

Trump Strikes Syria: American Values Mean Something Again - Read More Click Here

PhD Millionaire: “Prepare for May 15th

World Leaders Praise Trump’s Bold Action - Click Here To Read More

Trump Won't Like Alan Greenspan's Warning for Gold

In Freedom,
Restore American Glory

PO Box 780948 Sebastian, FL 32958.

.................................1=1.

Breaking News:

Student Writes "#BlackLivesMatter," Gets Into Stanford

Trump Won't Like Alan Greenspan's Warning for Gold

Democrats Locked In: Can They Stop Gorsuch's Confirmation?

LA Times: We "Survived Slavery," But Can We Survive Trump?

Yours in freedom,

Unfiltered Patriot.

...............................1=2.

>> Trump Strikes Syria...and North Korea is Watching

>> White House: Obama to Blame for Syria Chemical Attack

>> Bombshell: Former NSA Susan Rice Unmasked Trump Names

In Freedom,

Total Conservative.

.................................1=3.

Breaking News:

"Almost Completely Destroyed": Syria Strikes Hit Their Target

Trump Won't Like Alan Greenspan's Warning for Gold

Democrats Locked In: Can They Stop Gorsuch's Confirmation?

LA Times: We "Survived Slavery," But Can We Survive Trump?

Yours in freedom,

Unfiltered Patriot.

..................................1=4.

NRO Top Story
Still against Intervention in Syria
ANDREW C. MCCARTHY

NRO Top Story
Trump’s Normality Problem
RICH LOWRY

NRO Top Story
Karma, Precedent, and the Nuclear Option
CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER

NRO Top Story
A Look at the Weak March Job Numbers
ROBERT STEIN

NRO Top Story
The Middle East: Where American Political Idealism Goes to Die
DAVID FRENCH

NRO Top Story
Is Tillerson Being Sidelined by Jared Kushner?
JOHN FUND

........................................................................1=5.
Popular Mechanics

FOLLOW
FacebookTwitterPinterestYou TubeGoogle Plus

Popular Mechanics

You Could Buy This Deactivated ICBM Launch Center in Missouri

Nuclear war not included.

Share on FacebookYou Could Buy This Deactivated ICBM Launch Center in MissouriShare on TwitterYou Could Buy This Deactivated ICBM Launch Center in MissouriShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

Riddle of the Week #23: Escape the Contaminated Lab

Difficulty level: Moderate

Share on FacebookRiddle of the Week #23: Escape the Contaminated LabShare on TwitterRiddle of the Week #23: Escape the Contaminated LabShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

100 Years Later: Popular Mechanics' Coverage of World War I

On April 6, 1917, a special session of congress declared war on the German Empire, officially signaling America's commitment to fight in World War I.

Share on Facebook100 Years Later: Popular Mechanics' Coverage of World War IShare on Twitter100 Years Later: Popular Mechanics' Coverage of World War IShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

Could an Electric Jet Make Flying Cheaper?

Startup Zunum Aero thinks its future plane could save you up to 80 percent on regional flights.

Share on FacebookCould an Electric Jet Make Flying Cheaper?Share on TwitterCould an Electric Jet Make Flying Cheaper?Share on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

Oldest Mammalian Blood Cells Found in Tick Stuck in Amber

Somewhere between 15 and 45 million years old, give or take a million years or so.

Share on FacebookOldest Mammalian Blood Cells Found in Tick Stuck in AmberShare on TwitterOldest Mammalian Blood Cells Found in Tick Stuck in AmberShare on Pinterest

...................................................................1=6..

Liberty Headlines
Breaking News...

163 Syrian 'Refugees' Entered U.S. in Last 6 Days, All Muslim

Man Snaps Photos in NC Women's Bathroom, "Not a Crime"

QUESTION: Is This Tesla's Darkest Secret? (Viewer Discretion Advised)

Twitter Sues DHS to Protect Trump Critics

Target Boycott Cost More Than Anyone Expected; CEO Was Blindsided

Free Trial: Regrow Your Hair in Weeks, New Hair Loss Cure

Maybe you don't care too much about Nikola Tesla (the great inventor), but his darkest secret affects you even today…without even knowing it.

>> The Video That Reveals Everything Is Here (Click Once) <<

Allow us to explain it to you....

Did you know that in 1908 in Siberia, one of the most catastrophic, mind-blowing (and mysterious) disasters ever in the history of civilization occurred – and yet it wasn't widely known outside Russia (save for a few astronomers and research scientists) until the 1970s?

Well, most people say that it was from an asteroid... others say it was an alien attack...

>> Find Out The Real Truth Here

At that time Tesla was working on an amazing free energy device nearby... that amazed even the most skeptical scientists. Obviously the Russians didn't want to make the device public... and put all the blame from the blast on Tesla... while they were testing some mighty weapons in the frozen desert of Siberia.

Here's what happened next:

>> LINK <<

How all these affect you? It's simple... The "bad guys" suppressed Tesla for sharing his invention to people... while all this time me and you paid thousands of dollars on electricity...

Not anymore, for the first time ever you can see Tesla's Generator... only here:

>> Video Here <<

Watch the video and devour all the info. It's priceless.

Trending on NRO
The Path to Protecting Americans’ Online Privacy
MICHAEL O'RIELLY

Trending on NRO
Syria: After the Airstrikes
THE EDITORS

........................1=7.

Visit GovMint.com!Free Shipping
U.S. CoinsWorld CoinsNew ArrivalsCall Today: 1-800-941-7267
Silver & Gold are ON THE MOVE!
Gold and Silver

Recent spikes in precious metal prices have sent many silver and gold buyers into a feeding frenzy. But if you act right now, you can still lock in pure silver and gold coins at our great GovMint.com prices.

Silver & Gold are on the move...ARE YOU??

Silver EaglesSilver Pandas
Silver EaglesSilver Pandas
Gold EaglesGold Pandas

Gold Eagles

Gold Pandas

Coin Rolls and Monster Boxes

We've selected the following products just for you:

Nyinyi put cha phyu

Apr 9, 2017, 2:41:51 AM4/9/17
to NyiNyi
BREAKING NEWS HEADLINES

The #1 trick to FIGHT inflammation, burn belly fat, and boost your energy   (sponsor)

12 Signs That A Day Of Reckoning Has Arrived For The U.S. Auto Industry.

US Just Admitted “ISIS HQ” They Blew Up Was Actually An Innocent Family’s Home

Matt Drudge Warns That President Trump is in Danger in Rare Interview

This 30-second “morning ritual” detoxes, boosts energy, & fights aging:

You’ve often heard it said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but there’s something even more important to do BEFORE breakfast, that literally only takes 30-seconds, that has the ability to boost your energy, fight dangerous inflammation, increase your metabolism, and slow aging.

What’s amazing is that this ritual has been a closely guarded secret by elite members of the U.S. military for years, but a pioneering doctor knew it had to be made available to the general public, simply because the “old guys” in the military were showing so much improvement in their fitness tests, quality of life, and health that they actually started running circles around the new recruits!

This amazing drink, which only takes 30-seconds to make, contains the equivalent of 21 organic fruits and vegetables, as well as gut-healthy probiotics, and amazing digestive enzymes (which help break down foods your body may not ‘like’, such as grains, milk, beans, etc.)

With each sip of this amazing Youth Cocktail, your body is flooded with powerful nutrients, minerals, enzymes, and vitamins that have the ability to:

*Fight joint pain
*Sleep soundly through the night
*Boost energy & fight fatigue
*Ease gas, bloating, & constipation
*Fight inflammation
*Increase your metabolism
*Protect your heart & brain

Imagine if you were able to wake up a few days from now feeling more energized and younger than you have in years, with no stiffness in your joints, muscle pains, digestive troubles, or “brain fog.”

Imagine being able to simply and easily detox your fat-burning system so your body can start burning fat more efficiently.

Imagine having the energy you had as a 25-year old, and being able to get back to the activities you once loved, but haven’t been able to do, like golfing, hiking, gardening, traveling, or even just going for leisurely strolls or bike rides.

It’s simple enough.

On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 10:21:38 AM UTC+7, Nyi Nyi wrote:

Breaking News:

Trump Strikes Syria: American Values Mean Something Again - Read More Click Here

PhD Millionaire: “Prepare for May 15th

World Leaders Praise Trump’s Bold Action - Click Here To Read More

Trump Won't Like Alan Greenspan's Warning for Gold

In Freedom,
Restore American Glory

 .........................................(1=1)

Wild West Morgans found
in East Coast hoard!
Maine Cabin Hoard Morgan Silver Dollar

Not long ago, we were given the first right of refusal on a 1,000-coin bag of 1881-S Morgan Silver Dollars -- the legendary hard currency of America's Wild West!

These vintage Morgans had been hidden away in a rustic cabin for decades -- but not in California, Nevada or Arizona. They were actually discovered more than 3,000 miles away from their San Francisco birthplace -- in Maine!

    Coin Highlights
  • Struck in 26.73 Grams of 90% silver at the San Francisco Mint
  • Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition
  • 136 years old
  • 38.1 mm diameter

While they last, you can pocket one or more of the vintage coins from this unusual hoard -- each struck from Nevada's Comstock Lode silver and among the few that ever made it past the Mississippi!

In their heyday, these big silver coins paid the poker bets, bar tabs and general store bills of upstanding citizens and outlaws alike throughout the west. One or two might even have been tucked in the vest pocket of Wyatt Earp during the 1881 gunfight at Tombstone, Arizona's O.K. Corral!

But while 1881 Morgans produced in San Francisco are considered by numismatic experts to be among the finest ever minted, tracking down any quantity of these historic 136-year-old Silver Dollars has become increasingly difficult with every passing year.

In fact, it's estimated that only 15% of ALL the Morgan dollars ever struck have survived to this day. And even fewer exist in uncirculated condition!

That means that for every 100 silver dollars struck, 85 of them have been worn out, lost, or melted. So you can bet that our bag of 1,000 Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) 1881-S Morgans won't last long.

Order just one -- or start your own hoard with a 20-coin roll. Just don't wait to add this well-traveled Morgan to your collection!

1881-S Maine Cabin Hoard Morgan Silver Dollar

Silver Dollar BU
Morgan Silver Dollar BUMorgan Silver Dollar
20-Coin Roll

Buy Now

Buy Now

To learn more or order by phone,
call 1-800-642-9160 and mention code GE2050

We've selected the following products just for you:

New 2017
Silver Eagles

Celebrate the 225th Anniversary of the U.S. Mint!

Order Now

2017 Silver Eagles
2017 $5 Gold Eagles

First and best:
top-graded 2017
$5 Gold Eagles!

Nyinyi put cha phyu

May 28, 2017, 12:31:49 AM5/28/17
to NyiNyi

Feb 13

to me

View this email in your browser

Another Strike Against National Security Adviser Michael Flynn

Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn -- the former Army general, fake news aficionado and now apparently misleader of the vice president – is looking as gone as a wild goose in one of those winters we used to have before climate change came along. Related: Out Like Flynn - Why Trump Must Dump the ‘Fake...
Read more...  Like Another Strike Against National Security Adviser Michael Flynn on Facebook  share on Twitter  Google Plus One Button

Trump the Populist Is Trying to Hobble a Champion of the Little Guy

After being bested by Hillary Clinton in a primary contest that saw the deck stacked against him by the Clinton Machine, Bernie is back in the Senate doing what he has always done for the...
Read more...  Like Trump the Populist Is Trying to Hobble a Champion of the Little Guy on Facebook  share on Twitter  Google Plus One Button

Sponsor Content

Get FREE Options Trades from Our All-Star Traders Every Day

You can get a specific trade recommendation from one of our six trading pros delivered to your inbox each and every morning absolutely FREE. Sign up in the next 24 hours and you'll join a select group of investors who are racking up market-beating results with these trades, day in and day out.

And when I say free, I mean FREE. There are no forms to fill out... no strings... no credit card required... ever. Just click here to enter your email address and get 251 trades a year FREE for life.

If Trump Stacks Its Board, He Politicizes the Fed and Demeans Its Independence

Daniel Tarullo announced on Friday that he is resigning from the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in early April, nearly five years before his term expires on January 31, 2022. Governor...
Read more...  Like If Trump Stacks Its Board, He Politicizes the Fed and Demeans Its Independence on Facebook  share on Twitter  Google Plus One Button

US Colleges Raise a Record $41 Billion, So Why Is Tuition Still Climbing?

American colleges and universities took in a record $41 billion in donations in 2016, but the contributions were concentrated among a handful of schools and often assigned to specific...
Read more...  Like US Colleges Raise a Record $41 Billion, So Why Is Tuition Still Climbing? on Facebook  share on Twitter  Google Plus One Button

Why So Many Unmarried Couples Are Buying Houses

As the number of couples who cohabitate without getting married has skyrocketed, it appears they’re finding a way to show their commitment to each other that doesn’t involve rings or vows:...
Read more...  Like Why So Many Unmarried Couples Are Buying Houses on Facebook  share on Twitter  Google Plus One Button

Nyinyi put cha phyu

May 28, 2017, 12:41:06 AM5/28/17
to NyiNyi

Marie Forleo Unsubscribe

11:27 AM (7 minutes ago)

to me

Hey there nyinyi,

Thanks for your interest in B-School.

Once we set our next enrollment date, you’ll be the first to know! If you’d like to learn more about how B-School can help you reach your growth goals:

In the meantime, my goal is to keep you moving forward.

That's why actionable wisdom, inspiration and some pretty darn entertaining videos will magically appear in your inbox every Tuesday, courtesy of our award-winning show MarieTV.

I know you get a ton of emails and your time is valuable. That's why you'll only hear from me on Tuesdays -- and on the rare occasion outside of Tuesdays -- when I've got something time sensitive or important to keep you in the loop about.

If you're ready to get inspired and start taking action now, here are a few of our favorite episodes.

We have hundreds of shows so if you're grooving on this, a MarieTV binge-fest may be in order. :)

If you prefer audio, subscribe to our podcast here!

Thanks again nyinyi, I'm thrilled to be connected and support you as you build your dreams.

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask by replying to this email.

With love and appreciation,

XO

Marie

Founder of B-School

Creator of the award-winning show, MarieTV

P.S. If we're not connected on Facebook yet, c'mon over. You can also find me on Twitter and Instagram, too!

P.P.S. If you’d like more help with your business right now, take our free copywriting class at TheCopyCure.com.

If you wish to stop receiving our emails or change your subscription options, please Manage your subscription
Marie Forleo International, 332 Bleecker Street, #517 , New York, NY 10014
......................................-=

6:11 AM (5 hours ago)

to me

If you have trouble reading this message, view it in a browser.

Popular Mechanics

FOLLOW
FacebookTwitterPinterestYou TubeGoogle Plus

Popular Mechanics

Could Power Plant Turbines Slash Emissions by Running on CO2 Instead of Steam?

Weirdly, a way that using carbon dioxide might lead to less carbon dioxide in the air.

Share on FacebookCould Power Plant Turbines Slash Emissions by Running on CO2 Instead of Steam?Share on TwitterCould Power Plant Turbines Slash Emissions by Running on CO2 Instead of Steam?Share on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

The Air Force Assembled 30 A-10 Warthogs Just to Show That It Can

The "Elephant Walk" in Georgia was a USAF show of force.

Share on FacebookThe Air Force Assembled 30 A-10 Warthogs Just to Show That It CanShare on TwitterThe Air Force Assembled 30 A-10 Warthogs Just to Show That It CanShare on Pinterest

From the Editors of BestProducts.com:

Popular Mechanics

The Best Portable (Read: Wireless) Bluetooth Speakers You Can Bring Everywhere

From sub-$20 picks all the way to ultra premium offerings with high price tags, there's a Bluetooth speaker for every taste and budget.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

The U.S Government Has a Million-Pound Weight

How else would we know how much a million pounds looks like?

Share on FacebookThe U.S Government Has a Million-Pound WeightShare on TwitterThe U.S Government Has a Million-Pound WeightShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

Droneception: Lockheed Launches a Flying Drone From a Swimming Drone

Drones launching drones launching drones launching drones, drone group!

Share on FacebookDroneception: Lockheed Launches a Flying Drone From a Swimming DroneShare on TwitterDroneception: Lockheed Launches a Flying Drone From a Swimming DroneShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

Take a Look Inside Elvis Presley's Untouched Private Jet

Every inch of the aircraft was designed by the legend himself.

Share on FacebookTake a Look Inside Elvis Presley's Untouched Private JetShare on TwitterTake a Look Inside Elvis Presley's Untouched Private JetShare on Pinterest

Nyinyi put cha phyu

May 28, 2017, 12:51:47 AM5/28/17
to NyiNyi

2:37 AM (9 hours ago)

to me

Breaking News from Liberty Headlines
You have been a free subscriber since 3/22/2017

Liberty Headlines
Breaking News...

Geraldo Says 'Rats' in Intell Agencies Out to Get Trump

Leftists Focus on 'Islamophobia' While Christians Are Killed

ALERT: $1,000 Silver Coin Giveaway (Legal U.S. Residents only)

Hillary Wants to Be Buried w/ Newspapers That Endorsed Her

U.S. Plans First Ever ICB Missile Intercept Next Tuesday

FREE TRIAL: New Way to Regrow Your Hair in Weeks...

$1,000 Silver Coin Giveaway for Legal U.S. Residents Only
(New winner to be drawn soon.)

Image

Please be advised that only lawful U.S. residents may enter this drawing for $1,000 in U.S. legal tender American Silver Eagle coinage (50 1-oz coins!). Absolutely no illegal aliens or non-residents may enter this giveaway for uncirculated pure silver coins issued by the U.S. Mint; no exceptions, strictly enforced.

If you are a lawful U.S. resident, participate in the drawing by simplyentering email here; winners will be notified by email. Click here to see names of recent winners and enter for your own chance to win.

The maker of this offer, Money Metals Exchange, an Idaho LLC, reserves the right to request proof of lawful U.S. residency before winnings are disbursed. In the event that the name of an illegal alien or non-resident is drawn, another winner may be selected. Enter here.

6:03 PM (17 hours ago)

to me

Outraged Seniors DEMAND
The Military Release New
"Fountain of Youth" Drink

San Diego, CA -­ In most units of the military, the younger guys usually dominate the older guys in physical fitness tests.

But for one U.S. Coast Guard unit in San Diego, the exact opposite is happening.

Older Coast Guardsmen that once struggled to keep up with the younger guys in their unit, are now making mincemeat out of the "young bucks" in head­-to­-head physical fitness tests.

How is this possible?

The "old guys" in this Coast Guard unit have been part of a secret test group for a doctor formulated "fountain of youth" drink...

This "fountain of youth" drink has been so effective for many of the older soldiers that it's made their achy joints, stiff muscles and lack of energy a thing of the past.

Tony Whelan, a 58 year old who's been using the drink said, "Within 2 weeks of taking it, the amount of joint pain, swelling and subsequent stiffness was reduced to almost zero! I'm experiencing less fatigue, with a noticeable sense of well being that I enjoyed in my 30's."

And he's not the only one...

For many of the old guys in the unit, this powerful drink has made their achy joints, stiff muscles and lack of energy a thing of the past...

"As a medical doctor and a veteran himself, Dr. Lane Sebring has made it his mission to improve the performance of our troops"

After speaking with the creator of the drink, Dr. Lane Sebring, he told me that as a veteran himself, he "wanted to create something special that could give our troops more energy, more stamina and better focus while they fight for our country".

You may have seen Dr. Sebring's anti-
aging advice featured on TV or maybe you read about him on NPR.

So what's actually in this drink?

Dr. Sebring was nice enough to share some information with me about this secret drink that you can read right here.

- Jeff Reagan
Founder, Patriot Health Alliance

P.S. - Many of the older guys in this San Diego Coast Guard unit swear by this drink to help them keep up with the "young bucks" in their unit.

What do they know that you don't?

I'll reveal their secret right here.

Linda Schuler

I love the greens! I have seen such a huge difference in my energy and it's even helped me lose weight. I am so pleased with my results and can't wait to place an order for the Double Strength when I run out of the regular. **

Like · Comment · Share · 21 minutes ago

Elaine Longo

Greens make a huge difference in my energy, aches and pains. Both me and my husband take it. We both have bad joints and can tell a difference if we miss it. **

Like · Comment · Share · 23 minutes ago

Mary Kingsly

I am 64 years old and the greens has helped me with my energy, even after working with kids all day! I also no longer gets sick. My friends (one is 84) love the greens too! **

Like · Comment · Share · 32 minutes ago

John Lenin

I cannot get enough of your Greens! I used to be so tired before rehearsals, but now I have so much more energy! I even lost 20lbs just because I have more energy! The band mates and my fans are so very thankful! Cheers! **

Like · Comment · Share · 36 minutes ago

Virginia Woodson

My friends could see a difference and wanted to know what I was taking. I feels really good and referred 2 customers to the company. **

Like · Comment · Share · 41 minutes ago

Althea Slavenski

This works wonderful for me. I am 82 and everybody cannot beleive how old I am, the Greens have made a huge difference in my life. **

Like · Comment · Share · 45 minutes ago

Connie Perrier

I know my body and can tell the Greens were working for me. **

Like · Comment · Share · 49 minutes ago

Charles Valencia

I will be 100 years old in June and am taking Power Greens until the end! I have been taking for 3 or 4 years and definately love the Greens. **

Like · Comment · Share · 53 minutes ago

Michael Walther

I am a truck driver who cannot go without your Greens. I am 75 years old & an old Army Para trooper. I have suffered from knee pain, but since taking the Patriot Power Greens, I have no more pain. When I don't take the greens, the aches and ailments come back. **

Like · Comment · Share · 57 minutes ago

Eleanor Lauklon

Greens helped me with my digestion and has more energy by taking the double strength Greens. I do not get as sleepy in the afternoon the like I used to. My joint aches have stopped and I'm 72 years old! **

Like · Comment · Share · 59 minutes ago

Diane Streudel

Greens gives me so much energy, I can't nap! I used to nap all the time and be so tired and now I'm not! **

Like · Comment · Share · 1 hour ago

James Bradford

I've been taking greens for a couple of months now and have had some very good results. My joint problems have they seemed to disappear and also my weight seems to be maintaining itself, I am very pleased. My wife and I both take it. What we like most about it is that it supports our troops. **

Like · Comment · Share · 1 hour ago

* Patriot Power Greens is used by men and women in numerous military units throughout the United States. However, the United States Coast Guard or any other branch of the military does not endorse this product or have any affiliation with it.

** Results may vary. Everyone's experience with this product is different.

Sent to: wwwnyinyiinternetchitthu@gmail.com

Unsubscribe

UnfilteredPatriot, 1627 US Highway 1 Suite 206, Sebastian, FL 32958, United States
....................................................-=

7:06 PM (16 hours ago)

to me
If this email is difficult to read, view it on the web.

..............................................................................................-=

5:59 PM (17 hours ago)

to me
Firearms LifeUnsubscribe

Breaking News...

This NASA-Breakthrough “Space Blanket” Could SAVE Your Family One Day!

Get it FREE for a Limited Time

We've had a little accident in our ordering. We've got an overload of these best selling NASA survival blankets and we're giving them away to clear space in the building.

We think this is a must-have survival item for every family's disaster preparedness kit!

NASA Survival Blanket - Get Your Free Blanket Today

As of writing this message, we've got an overstock of about 500 blankets. We need them cleared from our warehouse...pronto!

This blanket is life-saving...

  • Helps you maintain 90% of body heat
  • Stay dry and protects from all elements
  • Signal for help with the cool reflective material
  • And other cool survival blanket ideas you can see here
  • Great for in the car, while hiking, outdoor sporting events, vacations, etc.

You'll want one in the car and at the house.

You can grab a free one here. And we'd really appreciate you helping us out!

Always Safe, Always Prepared,
Frank Mitchell

P.S. Once these 500 extra blankets are gone, they're gone... so don't procrastinate. Our mix-up is your gain.

Grab your free NASA Survival blanket today.

Material Connection Disclosure: Unless otherwise expressly stated, you should assume that all references to products and services on this website are made because material connections exist between the sender of this email and the providers of the mentioned products and services. Learn more here.

DMCA Notice | Anti-Spam Policy | Privacy Policy | External Links Notice | Terms & Conditions | Unsubscribe

Patriot Publications
P.O. Box 6781, Moore, OK 73153

............................................................................-=

MAY 26, 2017

NRO Top Story
Campus Double Standards Mean Free-Speech Laws Are Just a Start
FREDERICK M. HESS, GRANT ADDISON

NRO Top Story
George Bush’s Tax Return
JOHN H. HINDERAKER, SCOTT W. JOHNSON

NRO Top Story

NRO Top Story
DAVID FRENCH

NRO Top Story

NRO Top Story
A Grain of Salt on CBO
THE EDITORS

May 27 (1 day ago)

to me

If you have trouble reading this message, view it in a browser.

Popular Mechanics

FOLLOW
FacebookTwitterPinterestYou TubeGoogle Plus

Popular Mechanics

We Ride in JLTV, the Humvee's Successor

The stronger, faster, and much safer replacement for the popular but vulnerable Humvee is finally here. And we got to drive it.

Share on FacebookWe Ride in JLTV, the Humvee's SuccessorShare on TwitterWe Ride in JLTV, the Humvee's SuccessorShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

Riddle of the Week #28: The Bicycle Killer

Difficulty level: Moderate

Share on FacebookRiddle of the Week #28: The Bicycle KillerShare on TwitterRiddle of the Week #28: The Bicycle KillerShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

The B-52 Is Getting Out of the Nuke-Dropping Business

It still has nuclear-tipped cruise missiles, though.

Share on FacebookThe B-52 Is Getting Out of the Nuke-Dropping BusinessShare on TwitterThe B-52 Is Getting Out of the Nuke-Dropping BusinessShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

Droneception: Lockheed Launches a Flying Drone From a Swimming Drone

Drones launching drones launching drones launching drones, drone group!

Share on FacebookDroneception: Lockheed Launches a Flying Drone From a Swimming DroneShare on TwitterDroneception: Lockheed Launches a Flying Drone From a Swimming DroneShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

10 Forgotten Arcade Oddities

Death Race!

Share on Facebook10 Forgotten Arcade OdditiesShare on Twitter10 Forgotten Arcade OdditiesShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

7 Spacetastic 'Star Wars' Rip-Offs

Happy 40th birthday, Star Wars! Meet your imitators.

Share on Facebook7 Spacetastic 'Star Wars' Rip-OffsShare on Twitter7 Spacetastic 'Star Wars' Rip-OffsShare on Pinterest

..........................................................................-=

Conservative Zone

May 27 (1 day ago)

to me

Verify your subscription | Unsubscribe | Report SPAM

Conservative Zone

Hello Nyinyi,

While tragic in every shape and form, responses to terrorism in Europe and the United States follow an aging formula. This involves ignoring the root cause of the problem, teary-eyed public statements, and a return to the status quo.

All of this overshadows the reality that terror primarily occurs in areas where innocent civilians are prevented from protecting themselves. The solution? Allowing individuals to carry the weapons they need to save their own lives.

Click here for the case for America to adopt nationwide open carry policies.

~ Conservative Zone

Special: Melania Trump Reveals The Real Reason She Won't Be Living In The White House

Eat This… Never Forget A Single Thing AgainMegyn Kelly Drops Bombshell About Fox News LIVE on Jimmy Fallon!
Osteens Tell Oprah All About The Reason They SplitMark Zuckerberg's Wife Drops Bombshell
Melania's Shocking Confession!Dr Oz Discovers All-Natural Diabetes Cure!

Copyright Conservative Zone

Nothing in this e-mail should be considered personalized Financial Advice. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized Financial Advice.

Conservative Zone and its subsidiaries will sometimes recommend products to its readers. All products, services, or programs are ones that we have personally either reviewed or come from companies we know and trust. For doing so, we may receive a commission.

Conservative Zone - A division of LOP Solutions, LLC. 316 California Ave #698 Reno NV 89509

Click here to unsubscribe

Our email is accredited by SuretyMail.  If you feel that the email you have received from us is spam, please report it to SuretyMail here:

.............................................................................-=

MAY 26, 2017

Dear Readers (Including those of you who have not yet embraced the Orb and the total consciousness that comes with it),

Greetings from the Magic Pan at Ronald Reagan National Airport. When I say “Magic Pan,” I do not mean one of the lesser deities in the Celestial Kingdom of the Orb (That’s not even the right translation for that deity, which would be closer to “Thaumaturgical Skillet of Woe and Uncomfortable Urination of Lava”) — I’m at the “Magic Pan Crepe Station” at the airport. I can report that the crepes meet nearly all of the minimal requirements to make them fit for human consumption.

I’m not at the airport just because I like to pay as much as possible for small bags of beef jerky. I’m shipping up to Boston, or wherever Radcliffe College is, for something called Radcliffe Day, where I’ll be on a panel saying panel-y things.

So, I should warn you Up Front, if that’s your real name, or even if you’re not a member of the Front family, that today’s “news”letter is going to be a little different. As Bill Clinton likes to say when over international waters, “it’s going to get a little weird.”

That’s because I’ve been writing this thing piecemeal over the last 24 hours while doing 37.3 other things and not getting much sleep (I’m on the plane now, btw). Also, because I keep licking that Australian toad. Also, because I am now in the thrall of the Orb. No, it’s not my golden calf — which always gets weird looks when I wear shorts. (“Hey, why is the lower half of one of your legs gold color?”) It’s because I can’t stop making jokes about how the Orb is my master now. I think Orb worship is a perfect meme-fad-faith for our craptacular new age. For instance, you know that old thing about how God backwards is “Dog”?

Well, hie thee to the Ye Olde Photoshoppery and Make Me One of These: “The Orb Couldn’t Physically Be with Us, So He Gave Us Bros to Remind Us What a Stupid Time It Is to Be Alive. And Notice Orb Spelled Backwards Is Bro Because LOL Nothing Matters and SMOD Let Us Down.”

Anything Goes

Here’s an example: The assault on Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs in Montana was just about the perfect episode for the Bro Age. It could be in the Orbian Bible as the Book of Bro.

According to the Old God of the Jewish and Christian Faith, what GOP candidate Greg Gianforte did the night before the special election was inexcusable. Okay, technically, the Judaism 1.0 of my forebears with all the Smiting and Wrath, might have made some allowances for it. But as a matter of traditional ethics and morality, what he did was, again, inexcusable. But in the Bro Age, when one of your Bros does something wrong and oh-so-Broey — particularly if there’s proof that it happened so you can’t blame it on anonymous sources — the first thing you must do is defend your Bro’s actions. After Gianforte’s body slam, Twitter was full of people, even those of the blue checkmark variety, talking about how the Jacobs guy deserved it. I even caught Rob O’Neill on Fox saying that Jacobs was a “snowflake” and that the assault was “kinda funny” and that this was just “Montana Justice.”

Obviously, I have enormous respect for O’Neill’s accomplishments (he was the guy who plugged Osama bin Laden, which earns him a lifetime coupon for free drinks as far as I’m concerned), but this is repugnant and stupid and insulting to Montanans. If O’Neill were still in uniform and had done what Gianforte did, his career would have been destroyed and he’d likely be in a stockade. Oh, and it was Gianforte who literally freaked out in a fight-or-flight panic when asked a question about a frick’n CBO score! But Ben Jacobs is the snowflake?

Moreover, if a Democratic politician attacked, say, Jesse Watters (who routinely asks far more provocative questions than Jacobs did) never mind a serious reporter like James Rosen, the conservative media complex would be lit red with sirens and we’d all be covering our ears from the din of the “Aroogah! Aroogah! Battle Stations! Battle Stations!” blasting from the loudspeakers.

But no, for an entire day, countless people defended the assault because they didn’t like Jacobs, or they wanted to win an open House seat, or they wanted to play yet another round of whatabboutism, or help Donald Trump in some way or — in the case of the alt-right — because any attack on a Jew is defined as a good start.

So, let me ask the people who spent the day defending Gianforte: How do you feel now that he won? Is it all you hoped it would be? Oh, and how did you feel when he apologized? Did you regret all that Montana justice and he-had-it-coming talk? I mean, you probably didn’t really believe that stuff anyway. You just let people believe you did because the cause was so important. Or maybe you’re mad that Gianforte apologized after spending all that time arguing he did nothing wrong? Probably not — because one of the Orb’s first commandments is “Thou Shalt Not Care about Anyone’s Hypocrisy but the Enemy’s.”

So, congrats! You held a seat in Montana (which you were going to win anyway). I guess you can take some credit for somehow helping Trump avoid a marginally bad one-day story (though the “Trump encourages atmosphere of violence” story is worse). What did you have to give up? Just any claim to the moral high ground and any credibility when it comes to condemning political violence down the line.

That’s okay, because in the Bro Age, all of the creativity is in how to leap over, skate around, or dive under objective standards of right and wrong. “Hold my beer while I abandon my principles . . . (Orb willing).”

Memory Lane

So, now I’m in the car from Boston’s Logan Airport out to Radcliffe (no I’m not driving). Radcliffe, as you may know, is a former all-women’s college and I have a warm spot in my heart for such institutions because I attended one. I went to Goucher College — my freshman year was the first fully co-ed class. There were 30-odd men (and I do meanodd men) and over a thousand women.

The reasons I went to an all-women’s college have less to do with the late-night Cinemax scenarios most men leap to when I mention these stats (“Dear Penthouse, I never thought I’d be writing a letter like this . . .) and more to do with the fact that I was rejected from every other college I applied to.

This used to be a mid-sized chip on my shoulder. I’m the first to admit that I was your classic underachiever at my (fairly ridiculous) high school (Fellow alums: Vin Diesel, Paris Hilton, and, I just learned, Walter Lippmann!). I did just enough to avoid getting kicked out for one reason or another (“I swear, that goat isn’t mine!”). Sure, I got my share of good grades when the subject or the teacher interested me, but in the great battle for my attention comic books, TV, sci-fi, video games, girls, and, eventually, beer were like Seal Team Six fighting the support staff of the House Subcommittee on Low-Flow Toilets in a gladiatorial battle to the death for the amusement of the Orb’s Triskelion in-laws (“10,000 Quatloos that the one with the asthma inhaler cries before death!”).

One of my yearbook quotes was from Joe Walsh’s “Life’s Been Good”: They say I’m lazy, but it takes all my time.

Now, Homo underachievus has many subspecies and phyla. Not everyone sets out to do the bare minimum for the same reasons or the same way. Yes, I cannot deny that I was a member of the great and glorious cult of Sloth (Standard Chant: “Hail Sloth, Hail Sloth, Hai . . . Oh look,Knight Rider is on!”). But laziness is just one of the requirements of the truly accomplished underachiever.

Fear is another one, specifically fear of trying your best and coming up short. This is the dilemma of being told that you have great potential. I always tested fairly well. I always liked to write. I always liked to read. I was a good talker.

And I had very smart parents who talked knowledgably about politics and current events. My dad in particular was a walking university, as far as I was concerned. And one of his only hobbies was going on long walks with his boys and talking about history and philosophy and, of course, why Communism is Very Bad.

(My dad’s humor was so dry, cacti would whither on its landscape during the “rainy season.” For example, when I was no older than six or seven, he told me he liked to carry bombs on planes. He explained that since the odds of one bomb being on a plane were very high, the odds of two bombs being on the same plane were so astronomically high as to make it impossible for a bad person to bring one on the plane. Whether you think it’s funny or not — I do — it’s the kind of thing that gets a little kid thinking. He had a kind of Socratic gift that way. He liked to tell me that if humans ever got to Mars, it was far more likely we’d find a functioning pocket watch there than alien life, since pocket watches are far less complicated than living organisms. He was wrong on the science, which he knew, but again it was a good way to get a seven-year-old to think outside the box. And it amused him greatly to say weird stuff like that to me and my brother, perhaps because he couldn’t say it to anyone else.)

The Underachiever in Chief

Anyway, where was I? Oh right, underachievers. So, I had a reputation for being smart — not a genius, but certainly much smarter than my school “work” suggested. The problem with such reputations is that the only thing that can destroy them is actually trying your hardest and coming up short.

So you create excuses. You write your English assignments on the bus ride to school (a skillset that has come in handy for this “news”letter more than once). If you do poorly, well, what did you expect? You didn’t really try. If you do well, “Hey just imagine how much better it would have been if I gave it my best!”

I bring all this up for a few reasons, starting with the fact that nostalgia is as good a muse as any. Also Radcliffe sent me down this odd mental trail and this “news”letter has always been a kind of Ouija Board: Start chasing letters and see what comes out.

But also because I’ve long thought that my underachieving youth gave me a particular insight into Donald Trump.

Bear with me. Of course, it’s insane to call President Trump an underachiever, and I don’t mean to suggest otherwise. But in the primaries, whenever Trump talked about winning states he “didn’t even try” to win, or when he said he could learn whatever he needed to learn once he was in the White House; or when he bragged about winging it in debates, it was a kind of Nightingale’s song of the underachiever, triggering memories and mental habits I’ve struggled to put away (save in this “news”letter).

Donald Trump works hard, or so I’m constantly told. But there are many kinds of “working hard.” Staying busy and active is a kind of hard work, and by all accounts Donald Trump does that. But he also seems to have taken the habits of the underachiever — relying on your wits in the moment, counting on the fact that you’re better on the fly than the well-prepared are if you can manage to knock them off balance or in some other way Kobiashyi Maruthe crap out of the situation. In every profile of Trump, much is made of his need to dominate the room or the conversation to his advantage. Even his handshakes are about dominance.

You can see how this skill would be an asset in sales and real estate — and in Republican primaries. Winning the soundbite, dominating the stage, grabbing all the attention: This, it turns out, is gold.

But you can also see why such skills would or could steer you wrong in situations where there is no substitute for doing your homework.

Chesterton’s Invisi-Fence

Now that I’m in a van outside the Cambridge Marriot waiting to be joined by E. J. Dionne, Al Hunt, and Judy Woodruff so we can drive to breakfast (no, I’m not making that up), let me switch gears . . .

Actually, now that I am sitting outside Logan Airport five hours later, let me switch gears.

I’ve been writing about Chesterton’s fence for years. For those of you who don’t remember because they lost most of their memory after waking up in that dumpster handcuffed to a horse’s severed leg (or for some other reason), here’s the relevant passage:

In the matter of reforming things, as distinct from deforming them, there is one plain and simple principle; a principle which will probably be called a paradox. There exists in such a case a certain institution or law; let us say, for the sake of simplicity, a fence or gate erected across a road. The more modern type of reformer goes gaily up to it and says, “I don’t see the use of this; let us clear it away.” To which the more intelligent type of reformer will do well to answer: “If you don’t see the use of it, I certainly won’t let you clear it away. Go away and think. Then, when you can come back and tell me that you do see the use of it, I may allow you to destroy it.

I reference Chesterton’s fence all the time, usually in the context of progressives who are imbued with the fierce arrogance of now. They have special contempt for tradition, custom, etc.

And that is basically the context Chesterton had in mind. But I think there’s a lesson here for Trump as well. Trump’s glandular approach to every situation is a kind of lizard-brain version of progressivism. Tell Trump he can’t do or say something and he almost instinctively does it or says it. It’s like there’s a homunculus in there screaming, “You’re not the boss of me!” 24/7. His fans love this blunderbuss approach. And whenever you criticize it, the immediate response is some version of “It got him elected!”

And it’s true: Trump has been an improviser in the grand tradition of underachievers his whole life. His entire, spectacular, run to the White House was like a running spontaneous jazz performance. And he hasn’t stopped improvising. The problem is that the White House and Washington in general are a vast maze of what might be called Chesterton’s Invisi-Fences. Unlike the original Chesterton fence, these fences cannot be seen, but they exist all the same. Some of them, of course, should probably be gotten rid of — but, again, you have to knowwhy they’re there before you try.

Trump simply didn’t know, or at least he didn’t fully understand, that you’re not supposed to fire the FBI director to thwart an investigation into your activities or the activities of your campaign. And, even if he did know that, Trump didn’t know that you’re not supposed to admit it.

I have no problem with the president firing Jim Comey. I have no objection, in principle, to Trump declassifying information. I loved his counterprograming to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. But the way Trump does these things and so many others is counterproductive precisely because he doesn’t know how to do them to his advantage — and that’s because he doesn’t know where the lines are. The Invisi-Fences are like the security lasers in some ridiculous heist movie. Every time Trump crosses one, he gets cut and bleeds a little more political capital, in part because his missteps undercut his image as a mastermind who thinks six steps ahead.

Liberals are still convinced Trump is some kind of autocrat-in-waiting. And he may well be in his heart. But the would-be autocrats who actually become real-life autocrats only achieve success because they are popular and know how to manipulate the system from within —and because they did their homework. That’s not Trump. Yes, he’s violating democratic and political norms, but he’s not doing it according to some master plan like an Erdogan or a Putin, he’s doing it more like a weird hybrid of Mr. Magoo and Chauncey Gardiner.

It may not sound like it, but this is actually a powerful defense of Trump against his harshest critics. I listened to Chris Matthews last night and he was giddy to the point of orgasmic about the Jared Kushner story. He so desperately wants the Trump-Russia stuff to be like Watergate, where the dots get connected to reveal some grand intricate pattern of well-conceived skullduggery and treason.

But the Trump presidency is in reality turning out to be much more like the story arc of Battlestar Galactica. It began with a lot of talk about how the Cylons had some grand plan to achieve interstellar domination. But as the seasons ticked by and the plot became more convoluted, it turned out the writers never had a plan and they were winging it all along.

Various & Sundry

It may not sound like it, but I actually had quite a fun time at Radcliffe Day, and I’d like to thank my generous hosts, even if they thought it was hilarious that my presence there probably did enormous damage to my conservative street cred.

Canine Update: Alas, I don’t have much to report. The Dingo keeps on Dingoing. Though both of the hounds have a newfound willingness to show their softer, nature-loving side as well. I’m meeting my wife and daughter at my mom’s house tonight and we’re spending the weekend in New York. We’ve left the beasts with the dogs’ favorite person in the world: Kirsten their dogwalker/aunt/pack leader. She keeps talking about a having a pajama party with the doggos. I can’t decide whether I hope she’s kidding or serious.

ICYMI . . .

Last week’s G-File.

My NPR hit on Trump’s Middle East trip.

What is a ‘wop’?

Trump was welcomed in the Middle East because Obama failed there.

The latest Ricochet GLoP Culture podcast, featuring orb worship.

Why Trump is right to call terrorists “losers.”

And now, the weird stuff.

Debby’s Friday links

Movies condensed into single frames using time-lapse photography

Will someone please adopt this utter bastard of a cat?

Listening to Blade Runner

Once on death’s door, pit bull now joins K9 unit

Alcoholic donuts

A German beer pipeline

Proof of a parallel universe?

Randomly specific museums

What it’s like to be struck by lightning

Your move, creep

Dog crashes Russian newscast

Art made with bacteria

Man island > Man cave

Red Hot Chili Peppers played with a red-hot chili pepper

Stand aside Orb: Behold, cyclops goat

Snakes now hunt in packs . . .

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU

Trending on NRO
Unhinged Activists Never Enter the ‘Real World’
DAVID FRENCH

Trending on NRO
George Bush’s Tax Return
JOHN H. HINDERAKER, SCOTT W. JOHNSON

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO

...................................................................-=

Breaking News from Liberty Headlines
You have been a free subscriber since 3/22/2017

Liberty Headlines
Breaking News...

Power of Trump: Keeps Diplomats, Swamp Guessing on NATO

Univ. of MO, Racked by Radicals, Alienates Students w/ New Chancellor

Breaking: U.S. Department of Energy reveals untapped energy reserve that spans the entire United States

Court Rules Free Speech Can Continue Outside Abortion Clinics

STUDY: Fake News Journalists Emotional, Boozy, Low Brain Power

Dear Reader,

This is the most incredible map you will ever see...

It reveals a huge untapped energy reserve that spans the entire United States.

Experts at the U.S. Department of Energy believe this fuel could provide America with a “30,000-year energy supply.”

Goldman Sachs says this is a “power that’s virtually inexhaustible.”

And the Los Angeles Times says this massive ocean of energy “may be the most prolific renewable fuel source that most people have never heard of.”

And there’s a relatively unknown Midwestern company with the technology that’s key to harnessing this INFINITE energy that’s buried beneath ALL 50 states.

As our in-house tech expert told me, “This could be bigger than ExxonMobil, Chevron and Shell Oil combined … and make investors John D. Rockefeller-type fortunes. Early investors will have the chance to mint millions.”

Details here…

JL Yastine
Editorial Director, Banyan Hill Publishing
.............................................................-=

May 27 (1 day ago)

to me

FEATURED STORIES...

SPONSOR

Get this $891 Rhino .357 Pistol - ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Hey - Yes, 5 of these Rhino .357 Pistols will be given out for free, in the next 60 days.

This is the type of gun that makes criminals run before you fire.

Today you have a chance to win 1 free here. Don’t miss out.

Enter Today To Have This Rhino In Your Holster

Your brother in arms,

-Lou Prep

PS.  Each Pistol is worth $891 - enter for a chance to get one free.

Material Connection Disclosure: Unless otherwise expressly stated, you should assume that all references to products and services on this website are made because material connections exist between the sender of this email and the providers of the mentioned products and services. Learn more here.

DMCA Notice | Anti-Spam Policy | Privacy Policy | External Links Notice | Terms & Conditions

Unsubscribe

SAVEMYRIGHTS.com

Patriot Publications
P.O. Box 6781, Moore, OK 73153

MAY 26, 2017

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend! Jack Fowler will send out a Morning Jolt on Monday, and I’ll be backTuesday.

Gianforte Wins, Continuing GOP Stranglehold on Montana House Seat

Republican Greg Gianforte won the special U.S. House election last night, and…er…body-slammed the competition?

Addressing supporters, Gianforte apologized to the reporter he had an altercation with, as well as other journalists who witnessed the event. He also apologized to Montanans, saying “When you make a mistake you have to own up to it. That’s the Montana way.”

… Democrats viewed the seat as one they could possibly flip, and Republicans grew more wary as the race wore on that they might not be able to find a path to victory in a state that’s generally viewed as red but has a strong independent streak.

Jeremy Johnson, a professor at Carroll College in Helena, said Quist under-performed in key swing counties of Cascade and Yellowstone.

“Many of the strong Republican rural counties stayed strongly Republican, although Democrats had hoped a non-politician identified with rural Montana could make inroads,” he said.

The Missoulan newspaper offers a photo of a young voter with the caption: “Cherokee Nevin arrives at the Gallatin County Courthouse to drop off her vote for [Democrat] Rob Quist as voters go to the polls in Bozeman. Nevin didn’t know about the assault charge against Greg Gianforte and said, ‘I’m not a big fan of capitalism.’”

No matter how big the news is, and no matter how extensively it’s covered in print, on radio, on television, and on the Internet, some voters are just unreachable in that last 24 hours until Election Day.

The good news for Democrats: Donald Trump’s presidency is off to a stumbling start with no major pieces of legislation signed into law. The Trump administration is constantly surrounded by controversy and allegations of scandal, extraordinarily hostile coverage from the media, and low approval ratings. The polling in Virginia’s gubernatorial election looks good for Democrats, as does the polling on congressional generic ballot.

In the special House elections so far this year, Democrats outperformed their 2016 finishes by 23 points in Kansas, ten points in the first round of voting in Georgia, and ten points in Montana.

The bad news for Democrats: They still haven’t, you know, won anything at the Congressional level. The political world doesn’t gift-wrap twists of fate like Gianforte’s last-minute assault charge often, and they still couldn’t turn that into a win.

Yes, they flipped a seat in the New York state assembly and in New Hampshire’s state House. Yes, they still have a decent shot at the runoff in Georgia. But Democrats have good reason for frustration. When does this combination of energized Left and flawed GOP candidates translate into an actual electoral victory?

‘There Is Total Weirdness Out There.’

“There is total weirdness out there,” RepresentativeMark Sanford, Republican of South Carolina said. “And, like I said, he’s unearthed some demons, and people can feel like if the president of the United States can say anything to anybody at any time than I guess I can too, and that is a very, very dangerous phenomenon.”

Allahpundit scoffs at the idea that Trump has somehow created the impression that it’s okay to assault people out of differing political beliefs or inspired Gianforte to attack a reporter.

The Gianforte incident is shocking because it’s unusual. Candidates don’t behave this way, even in the age of Trump; Trump hasn’t behaved this way, despite his endless kabuki theater about hating the media. It’s a strange “climate” that affects so few people.

Question: If Trump has normalized behavior like this, why did Team Gianforte rush out a whitewash accountof what happened that made it sound like he was merely defending himself from the reporter and was dragged to the ground as the reporter fell? Gianforte’s spin is proof that he doesn’t think “if the president of the United States can say anything to anyone at any time then I guess I can too.” You can hate candidate Trump’s loathsome wink-wink incitements to violence at rallies last year without blaming him every time some guy snaps, which is what it sounds like happened to Gianforte yesterday. Not calculation, not grandstanding for the benefit of media-hating Republican voters. He snapped, and he was sufficiently embarrassed about it afterward to have tried in a half-assed way to cover it up.

Let me offer a qualified defense of Sanford’s point. Put Trump’s shameless misbehavior atop the mountain of bad behavior, lies, untruths, and misdeeds by societal leaders we’ve seen in the past decades. Take your pick: “I did not have sexual relations with that woman,” the revelation that Iraq did not have the WMD program that American intelligence expected, “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan,” the Catholic Church’s sex abuse scandal, Enron, Bernie Madoff, Jerry Sandusky, Bill Cosby, the toxic asset derivatives and the Great Recession, the VA leaving veterans dying waiting for care, telling the grieving father of a slain Navy SEAL, “we will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted”… It has not been hard to find authority figures acting irresponsibly, abusing their authority, and escaping appropriate consequence.

How many people look at all that and ask, “if they can do it, why can’t I?” Why did the argument that Trump’s character disqualified himself from the presidency fall so flat in 2016? Is it because we’ve seen so much bad behavior from other leaders in society that Trump doesn’t seem like such a dramatic step down in character? Have we decided to stop looking for good character in leaders? If they’re all SOBs, there’s no shame in supporting an SOB.

Or look to other comments from Sanford Thursday:

“Shame actually has a place in a civilized society. Remorse has a place in a civilized society,” he said, “because it causes people to rethink what they did and hopefully broach future problems in different ways. You can’t have a remorseless society and that is the problem of the president saying, ‘There are no moments over which I have remorse.’”

“The fact of the matter is, the normal human existence is filled with many points you wish you could do over,” Sanford said. “There are some trend lines here that we should all find discouraging, or frightening ... I’ve seen demons unearthed.”

Yes, Mark Sanford is far from the perfect messenger for the message that shame and remorse needs to play a larger role in how we make decisions. Then again, who is?

Jim’s Best Guess of What’s Happening in Twin Peaks, Part Two

Continuing our effort to figure out what’s going on in the Showtime series…

In Buckhorn, South Dakota, the police discover a brutal murder of the local librarian, Ruth Davenport, and the fingerprints found at the scene point to the local high school principal, Bill Hastings. Quickly arrested, the frantic Hastings says he had a dream he was in Davenport’s apartment, but he didn’t do it. (His unreliable account of his whereabouts during the time of the murder strongly hints he’s having an affair with his assistant.) Once he’s behind bars, his cold wife Phyllis reveals a ruthlessly vindictive side, leaving us wondering if she killed Davenport and framed him… but Bill shows a flash of potentially murderous rage, too, accusing her of sleeping with his lawyer and “maybe some other guy.” A few cells down, we see a ghostly figure appear and disappear, indicating this isn’t just a random murder; the Black Lodge probably had a hand in it somehow.

Then, much to our surprise, Phyllis comes home to find Bad Cooper waiting for her. She smiles in recognition. (Guess Bad Cooper was the “some other guy.”) Bad Cooper/BOB, who feeds on suffering, tells her she “followed human nature perfectly” and then suddenly shoots her dead.

(Many Twin Peaks fans will disagree with me, but I find the series practically dripping with subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle allusions to Christianity. The demon BOB finds humanity effectively pre-corrupted and easy to nudge into committing terrible acts; in the second season, Major Briggs emotionally breaks through to his rebellious son by discussing his vision of his son’s future, “happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced—a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We were, in this moment, one.”)

Evil in the world of Twin Peaks isn’t trying to blow up the world or create a doomsday weapon. It is content to swim in communities wracked by drug addiction, prostitution, and casual violence, and then commit a brutal murder of an innocent soul, leaving a community like Buckhorn devastated after at the evidence suggesting their school principal was a secret monster — the kind of small-scale horror that we read about taking place a few towns down the road. We’re left to recognize that Bad Cooper has been committing murders and leaving mayhem and broken lives in his wake for the past 25 years.

Back in the Purgatory-like Red Room, the one-armed man Mike points to a tree and labels it “the evolution of the arm.” For a variety of reasons, the creative team didn’t bring back actor Michael Anderson, who played the Little Man from Another Place, a.k.a the dancing dwarf, a.k.a, “the arm.” He’s been replaced by a bare tree that speaks from an odd balloon-like organ… which is severely abnormal for any other director but pretty much normal for David Lynch.

Like Cooper, the Tree has a good and bad side, or a bad double. The Good Tree is attempting to swap out Good and Bad Cooper, bringing 25 years of chaos in the shadows of the world to an end… but then the Bad Tree interrupts and attempts to banish Good Cooper to “non-existence.” Cooper falls through the floor, through space… into the glass room in the beginning of the episode. Recognizing what a risk Cooper’s reappearance back into the real world would be – the general public has no idea about the existence of spirits and demons and otherworldly realms - the Black Lodge sucks Cooper’s soul back into the nether realm… and the “cleaning crew” demon does away with the potential witnesses.

ADDENDA: Forget David French fighting with me over Twin Peaks. Wait until Dwayne Johnson fan French sees Kyle Smith’s review of the Baywatch movie, declaring, “other than [Johnson’s] presence, the movie has nothing going for it whatsoever.”

This is a big setback to the Dwayne Johnson 2020 movement. If The Rock can’t save Baywatch, how can he save America?

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU

Trending on NRO
Campus Double Standards Mean Free-Speech Laws Are Just a Start
FREDERICK M. HESS, GRANT ADDISON

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO
The World Is Problematic
MICHAEL BRENDAN DOUGHERTY

Trending on NRO
A Grain of Salt on CBO
THE EDITORS

......................................................................................-=

The latest from InsideSources.

What Washington's Talking About

The Conservative Mind Has Become Diseased

“The conservative mind, in some very visible cases, has become diseased. The movement has been seized by a kind of discrediting madness, in which conspiracy delusions figure prominently. Institutions and individuals that once served an important ideological role, providing a balance to media bias, are discrediting themselves in crucial ways. With the blessings of a president, they have abandoned the normal constraints of reason and compassion. They have allowed political polarization to reach their hearts, and harden them. They have allowed polarization to dominate their minds, and empty them.” [Michael Gerson, Washington Post]

News    Energy
FERC Moves Closer to Quorum After Confirmation Hearing for Powelson, Chatterjee
By Erin Mundahl

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, is an administrative body not widely known outside of the industries it regulates. If the Trump administration wants to move forward with its ambitious infrastructure overhaul plan, however, FERC will be a crucial part of the planning process.

READ MORE

[IS] Opinions    Technology
When Option A Isn’t Available
By Gregory Clay

Sheryl Sandberg — of “Lean In” fame — has inspired another movement. This one emanated from tragedy, when you’re one of the most influential corporate executives in the nation trying to pick up the pieces where devastation lay.

READ MORE

News    Politics
Progressive Lawmakers Reintroduce the $15 Minimum Wage
By Connor D. Wolf

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., alongside other progressive lawmakers, introduced a billThursday aimed at increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour.

READ MORE

News    Education
American Education by the Numbers
By Leo Doran

While college completion rates may be up, test scores in American schools are not, according to a major annual federal report released today that takes a comprehensive look at the United States’ education system.

READ MORE

[IS] Opinions    Politics
The Awful Budget and the Ugly Thinking Behind It
By Llewellyn King

On the face of it, President Donald Trump’s $4.1 trillion budget for 2018 is risible. Its math doesn’t add up; it assumes an unlikely growth rate of 3 percent per year through 2027; and it avoids calculating the tax cut, which has been promised as the largest in history.

READ MORE

[IS] Opinions    Politics
Who Suffers the Most from the Drug War? Families.
By Domenica Ghanem

Angela Pryor, a 41-year-old woman from Ross County, Ohio, is not living the life she thought she would. She used to stay at home and take care of her kids while her husband, Jesse, went to work as a carpenter. But as Jesse fell into opioid addiction, Angela had to pick up the slack.

READ MORE

[IS] Opinions    Politics
Rediscovering America: A Quiz on Memorial Day
By Dan Monroe

Freed slaves may have staged the first Memorial Day in Charleston, South Carolina, in 1865. By 1890, Memorial Day had become a holiday in many states. It officially became a federal holiday in 1971. The quiz below, from the Ashbrook Center at Ashland University, Ashland, Ohio, provides an opportunity for you to test your knowledge of Memorial Day.

READ MORE

On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 10:21:38 AM UTC+7, Nyi Nyi wrote:
Message has been deleted

Nyinyi put cha phyu

Jun 1, 2017, 12:18:29 AM6/1/17
to NyiNyi

NRO Top Story

NRO Top Story

NRO Top Story

NRO Top Story

NRO Top Story

Breaking News:

Trump Strikes Syria: American Values Mean Something Again - Read More Click Here

PhD Millionaire: “Prepare for May 15th

World Leaders Praise Trump’s Bold Action - Click Here To Read More

Trump Won't Like Alan Greenspan's Warning for Gold

In Fre
Restore American Glory

Nyinyi put cha phyu

Jun 1, 2017, 12:23:01 AM6/1/17
to NyiNyi

If you have trouble reading this message, view it in a browser.

Popular Mechanics

FOLLOW
FacebookTwitterPinterestYou TubeGoogle Plus

Popular Mechanics

Why Won't Anyone Fix What Is Actually Wrong With Phones?

"The Essential Phone" is a beautiful new phone from Android's creator Andy Rubin that solves none of the big problems phones actually have.

Share on FacebookWhy Won't Anyone Fix What Is Actually Wrong With Phones?Share on TwitterWhy Won't Anyone Fix What Is Actually Wrong With Phones?Share on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

Car Owner Completes DIY Engine Rebuild Dealer Said Would Cost $57,000

This is the most complex way of avoiding dealership parts markup we've ever seen.

Share on FacebookCar Owner Completes DIY Engine Rebuild Dealer Said Would Cost $57,000Share on TwitterCar Owner Completes DIY Engine Rebuild Dealer Said Would Cost $57,000Share on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

Three Rifles That Could Replace the Army's M4A1 Carbine

The Army is "taking a hard look" at new arms for soldiers.

Share on FacebookThree Rifles That Could Replace the Army's M4A1 CarbineShare on TwitterThree Rifles That Could Replace the Army's M4A1 CarbineShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

This Color Digitizer Is a Photographer's Dream

Get 28 percent off unrivaled color-matching tech.

Share on FacebookThis Color Digitizer Is a Photographer's DreamShare on TwitterThis Color Digitizer Is a Photographer's DreamShare on Pinterest

Popular Mechanics

How U.S. Navy Radars Can Be Scaled for Any Size Ship

Raytheon's modular radar cubes can be stacked in a variety of configurations for different levels of coverage.

Share on FacebookHow U.S. Navy Radars Can Be Scaled for Any Size ShipShare on TwitterHow U.S. Navy Radars Can Be Scaled for Any Size ShipShare on Pinterest

 ...................................................................................................................-=

12:02 AM (11 hours ago)
to me

May 31 2017

VISIT NATIONALREVIEW.COM

no_commies.jpg

Fighting For Freedom, 24/7

It was Bill Buckley’s idea 60 years ago that there should be a magazine devoted to defending things that matter, even when they are unpopular. He wanted it to prize excellent writing and careful thought, to be witty and fun, and to be a forum for debate within conservatism about policy and politics.

I worked with Bill closely for ten years after he named me editor of NR, and it has been our ambition to preserve his vision of the publication, even in the age of Twitter, even when we have a website that is updated constantly.

As you can imagine, the preservation of NR takes on an added importance when someone is trying to shut it down, as is the case with Michael Mann and his lawsuit against NR.

George Orwell famously described totalitarianism as a boot stamping on a human face -- forever. Well, political correctness is a close-minded, self-important goon yelling “shut up” -- forever. And attempting to enforce his will through firings, boycotts, shaming, regulations, fines, riots, and lawsuits.

As a NR reader, you know that we are not afraid to stand up to totalitarianism masquerading as PC . . . to do what is right, to publish the truth. But to do so, we need your help. Let me suggest two ways that can help.

First, you can contribute directly to NR to help us pay our legal bills and fight back in the Michael Mann lawsuit.

donation_nr.jpg

Second, you can contribute generously to National Review Institute, the nonprofit 501(c)(3) journalistic think tank that owns NR. (All gifts to NRI are tax-deductible.)

donation_nri.jpg

The Institute can’t engage in electioneering or campaigns to pass or defeat specific legislation, but it focuses on the higher-order intellectual spadework to advance and defend conservative ideas. Most importantly, it houses some of our very best writers, from Victor Davis Hanson and Andy McCarthy to Jonah Goldberg and Kevin Williamson. Giving to NRI is a way of supporting our top writers while getting a tax deduction at the same time.

One of the newest NRI Fellows -- and one of the most trenchant commentators on the Right -- is David French. Before he came to us, David was a First Amendment litigator, and he has successfully sued more speech-suppressing colleges than anyone else on the planet. He has a black belt in bringing censorious, anti-religious and anti-free speech administrators to heel.

David is now heading the Institute’s new Center for Unalienable Rights, the mission of which is defending free speech and other core constitutional freedoms.

I hope that along with your support of NR, that you will likewise consider a gift to National Review Institute. A donation to the Institute is an investment in some of the most splendid intellectual talent on the Right, including NRI Fellows like David French who are on the front lines in the battle for free speech on college campuses.

You have been a loyal friend to National Review, and for that, we are deeply grateful. Please continue to stand with us as we fight for free speech and all that is good about America with a gift today of $1,000, $500, $250, $100, or whatever you can afford.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Rich Lowry
Editor in Chief, National Review
Trustee, National Review Institute

You received this email because you indicated that you'd like to receive news, special invitations, and promotions from National Review. If you don't want to receive such emails in the future, please adjust your preferences here.

national review

Follow Us & Share

215 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10016, USA
Your Preferences | Unsubscribe | Privacy
View this e-mail in your browser.

........................................................................................-=

MAY 31, 2017

Why Europeans Won’t Take Their Fate into Their Own Hands

German chancellor Angela Merkel last weekend: “We Europeans truly have to take our fate into our own hands — naturally in friendship with the United States of America, in friendship with Great Britain, as good neighbors with whoever, also with Russia and other countries. But we have to know that we Europeans must fight for our own future and destiny…. The times in which we could rely fully on others — they are somewhat over. This is what I experienced in the last few days.”

Percentage of GDP that a NATO member country is supposed to spend on defense: 2 percent.

Percentage of GDP that Germany is spending on defense: 1.2 percent.

German foreign minister Sigmar Gabriel in March:“There is no apodictic 2 percent goal but rather ... we should be moving in that direction.” (“Apodictic” means beyond dispute. Don’t feel bad, I had to look it up, too.)

Gabriel’s estimate of how much it would cost Germany to get to 2 percent: 30 billion euros over eight years, or roughly $33 billion.

That’s roughly $4.1 billion per year. That is not a lot of money in the overall German federal budget or economy. Total German federal spending in 2017 isroughly $349 billion. The German GDP is about $3.3 trillion.

For further perspective, U.S. defense spending in 2017 is about $611 billion. The Pentagon will spend about $2 billion just upgrading the USS George Washingtonaircraft carrier in the coming year.

A bit more than $4 billion per year is not a lot to ask. That’s about 40 percent of Amazon sales from last year.

If the Germans really want to take their fate into their own hands, providing for their own defense is going to cost them way more than just meeting the NATO threshold. The cost of one F-35 fighter jet is $94 million to $123 million, depending on which variation. The cost of one Eurofighter is roughly $112 million. That’s not covering fuel, spare parts, training, maintenance and operations, repairs…

So, the Germans are so upset about the expectation that they spend eight-tenths of one percent of their GDP on the military, that they’re willing to go their own way on defense? Talk about being penny-wise and pound-foolish. My suspicion is that Germans will look at the cost of defending themselves from Russia or other potential hostile forces on their own and then happily get out the checkbook to cover that eight-tenths of one percent that NATO wants.

As our new guy, Michael Brendan Dougherty puts it, “How many aircraft carriers, nuclear subs, and fighter jets has Germany christened in these four months? How much closer has Germany come to military parity with Russia? What do you think Poland or Latvia thinks of trusting Germany for political and military protection, absent the United States? C’mon, everyone. Get a grip.”

#NeverStopComplainingAbout #NeverTrump

I don’t have a lot to add to what JonahDavid French, and Dan McLaughlin said about Dennis Prager’s off-key remote-sensing assessment of the motives of the old “Never Trump” crowd. I’ll just wonder aloud why Prager’s so focused on #NeverTrump conservatives five months into Trump’s presidency. What, was his column in reruns this week?

If every #NeverTrump conservative had been an enthusiastic cheerleader for the Trump administration starting January 20, do you really think the administration would be in measurably better shape? Trump still would have claimed Obama wiretapped Trump Tower, he still would have been content to let the House set the details of the Obamacare repeal, he still would have signed the giant omnibus spending bill, he still would have fired Comey, he still would have had the Bannon-Kushner-Priebus-Kohn-Ivanka “Game of Thrones” infighting, he still would have a glacial pace of naming appointments, tax reform and the infrastructure bill would still be passing slower than a kidney stone… This is a White House where the biggest problems are all self-inflicted.

As for Trump’s best moments like the confirmation of Justice Gorsuch, repealing regulations through the Congressional Review Act, and striking the Syrian airfield, most of the #NeverTrump conservatives I read applauded those moves.

Finally, Prager writes:

[#NeverTrump conservatives] do not believe that America is engaged in a civil war, with the survival of America as we know it at stake. While they strongly differ with the Left, they do not regard the left–right battle as an existential battle for preserving our nation. On the other hand, I, and other conservative Trump supporters, do.

If you really believe America is fighting a second Civil War… what do you do with people who disagree with you? Shoot them? Blow them up? Imprison them? Keep them in prisoner of war camps? Call our current conflict with the Left what you like – but it’s not war.

(This why, as much as I was an admirer of Andrew Breitbart, the “#WAR” slogan never quite sat right with me. Our men and women in uniform in Afghanistan, Iraq, and other far-flung corners of the earth are fighting a war. We’re in an intense political, cultural, and legal debate. It’s not the same, and insisting that it is the same feels like it’s creeping into the realm of stolen valor.)

Speaking of a Second Civil War…

You know Kurt Schlichter is my friend, so I’m biased, but his new novel, Indian Country, is his best work. It is a prequel to his book People’s Republic, which envisioned a not-too-distant future where America’s red and blue states have split into two separate countries.

The more I thought about the world of People’s Republic, the more I wanted a story like the one inIndian Country: a detailed look of daily life shortly after a national and cultural divorce, building to the moment of maximum drama, where the lines of two new countries are being drawn, disputed, and redrawn, and people are realizing that their values don’t match their new country.

If there was any flaw to the tale and the world painted in People’s Republic, it was that the new progressive “People’s Republic of North America” was so dystopian and dysfunctional, it was hard to believe or understand that anyone thought it would be a good idea. (Picture Kafkaesque bureaucracy, ever-changing laws and social mores, thuggish authorities and general dysfunction.) Indian Country gives us that needed glimpse at the people who stayed in the more progressive parts of the country and who were really convinced it was going to work. As one key line of dialogue reveals:

Illegally organizing political groups? I thought this was supposed to still be a free country after the Split.” said Dale. “Maybe freer.”

This story has vibes of Red Dawn (the good one) or the old ABC miniseries Amerika. But where Kurt has really matured as a storyteller is in all the human touches of what could have otherwise been fine as an entertaining social satire and techno-thriller. The ordinary people of Jasper, Ind., in the late 2020s really don’t want to be involved in a political war and have no appetite for launching an insurgency against their own government. But sometimes bad laws and bad leaders set an unstoppable sequence of escalation in motion. Halfway through the book, I realized I’m reading a prequel, and I’m somehow still wondering what’s going to happen. The sense of dread and impending bloodshed is palpable.

Kurt, a retired Army infantry colonel, served in the Balkans, and this book is undoubtedly shaped by his experiences there. I’ve heard him speak about how Kosovo once was and could have remained a beautiful place, and how the locals made choices that amounted to throwing it all away, casting away the rule of law and the humanity of their neighbors in the process.

As much as conservative and liberals may smile at the thought of exiling the other side forever, a “national divorce” could not go smoothly and would not leave many people better off. This is at times a really funny book, but it’s also an epic portrait of a tragedy… the American experiment shouldn’t be abandoned because we forgot our traditions, our values, and our willingness to let others live their lives as they see fit.

And for those who think that our political passions are still far from murderous rage… have you checked out Kathy Griffin lately?

ADDENDA: Over on the home page, a look at how the impeachment talk among Democrats is mostly a desired outcome in search of a justification. If the only concern among Democrats was accountability for suspected “high crimes and misdemeanors,” you wouldn’t hear any talk of “but Pence would be worse!” You’ll have to pardon our skepticism about the fair-minded assessment of Democrats when 80 percent supported impeachment three weeks into Trump’s presidency.

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO

Trending on NRO
Oslo Journal, Part III
JAY NORDLINGER

WHAT NR IS READING

What NR Is Reading
The Power of Silence
BY ROBERT CARDINAL SARAH
Buy now from Ignatius Press! →

Popular Mechanics

The First E Ink Drawing Tablet Is a Wonder to Doodle On

The 'reMarkable' tablet is a digital notebook that might actually give paper a run for its money.

Share on FacebookThe First E Ink Drawing Tablet Is a Wonder to Doodle OnShare on TwitterThe First E Ink Drawing Tablet Is a Wonder to Doodle OnShare on Pinterest