Web Producer / Project Manager (Permanent, NYC)

1 view

Gubatron

Jul 16, 2007, 3:24:04 PM7/16/07
to New York Software Development Job Opportunities
"JSte...@infinitygroup.com"
to me

show details
10:39 am (4 hours ago)

07/16/2007

I am writing to see if you are currently available for a position in
NYC. I am looking for a Web Producer for a permanent position. If you
or anyone you may know of is interested, please email me your updated
resume and salary request at your earliest convenience.

Thank You,

Jenna Stephens
JSte...@infinitygroup.com

JOB DESCRIPTION

The Web Producer is a technical project manager who will help manage
the site and be an active member of our interactive team. Candidates
will develop technical solutions to editorial and advertising
challenges and then work with our IT and Product Development teams to
get them done. Projects are executed by coordinating resources and
schedules, but also by digging in and doing some development when
necessary.

Those chosen for the role must be able to build relationships with
other business units and communicate effectively. Candidates must have
experience with large scale web sites and be completely comfortable
with working in an advertising-driven environment.

Responsibilities include:

· Work with online editors and advertising to plan new content and
features for Rodale websites.

· Oversee the production of site components and features. Create and
manage project production schedules in a busy, fast-paced environment.

· Work Closely with IT, Editorial and Infrastructure staff to make
sure the site is running correctly.

· Work closely with Advertising to design and develop effective ad
strategies that are in line with editorial standards.

· Maintain site content and promotions via content management tools
(Vignette, Blogs, Video, Podcasting.)

· Build and modify templates using HTML and CSS and some javascript.

Ideal candidate will possess:

· Intermediate HTML/DHTML/CSS skills. (4+ years, must be capable of
writing code by hand.)

· Basic familiarity with web video production and platforms.

· Familiarity with the workings of web advertising and IAB standards.

· Familiarity with Blog publishing tools, RSS and XML.

· Ability to think critically about web design and web development
tools.

· Understands Natural Search Optimization strategies

· Know how to use MS Project and other MS Office Apps.

· Experience using Content Management tools. (Vignette, Interwoven,
etc.)

· Excellent written and verbal communication skills

· Solid understanding of web production and development and the
technologies involved.

· Basic Adobe Photoshop proficiency (manipulate/resize/crop images )

· Organized and results-oriented.

· Able to deal with ambiguity and identify the critical path in a
project.

· 2+ years Experience with large-scale web sites.

· Understanding of the principals of web analytics and online
advertising.

Bonus Skills:

· IT/Development background (Java, JSP, Javascript.)

· Macromedia Flash and Actionscript.

· Familiarity with Blogging software (TypePad, MoveableType.)

· Digital Audio and Video Production (Podcasting, Streaming, Encoding
Processes.)

· Interactive agency and advertising experience

· Visual Design experience
· Interest in Health and Fitness

Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either
because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites
to which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to
Infinity Consulting Group. I assumed that you are either looking for a
new employment opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the
current job market.

If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I
contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of
availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I
respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the
employment options and job market information we provide with our e-
mail notices.

Thanks again.

Jenna Stephens