F/T Perm, Java or C++, 2 positions. One Director of Engineering the other Sr. Software Engineer. Call me.

Gubatron

Jun 15, 2007, 3:26:10 PM6/15/07
to New York Software Development Job Opportunities
Dear Angel,

F/T position at a mobile media company; creates, publishes and
licenses market-leading content, products and services in all major
mobile categories. (the reference # for this position:11889)
Detailed Info:
Senior Software Engineer to join our downloadable applications team.
? You will apply your Java and/or C++ programming skills to the
BREW, J2ME and WAP environments to build the next generation of
exciting products for mobile phones, PDA's and smart phones.
? Develop and implement interfaces to a variety of 3rd party
content management systems and data feeds
? Support and enhance systems for user subscription management
and integration with 3rd party billing systems.
? Practice test driven development, continuous integration,
refactoring, and iterative development.

Development/Computing Environment:
? 5-7 years experience in software development.
? Mobile device and/or PDA application programming experience.
? C++ and Java.
? WAP experience (WML 1.x, WAP 2.0).
? BREW or J2ME experience.
? SQL database experience.
? Linux proficiency.
? Experience working in an environment that practices agile
development.
? Proficient in use of contemporary source code management
systems including Subversion and CVS.
? UI design experience or proclivity.
? Experience working with 3rd party data feeds.
? Demonstrated leadership potential and eventual capacity to
lead a team of engineers.

Skills required for the position:
C++, JAVA, WAP, AGILE, SQL, WML, LINUX, SUBVERSION;
This position is at a Midtown NYC location.
F/T position at a mobile media company; creates, publishes and
licenses market-leading content, products and services in all major
mobile categories.
(The reference # for this position:11888)

Detailed Info:
We are seeking an experienced engineer to lead our downloadable mobile
applications development team.
The successful candidate will lead a dynamic team of talented
programmers.
? You will apply your Java and/or C++ programming skills, as
well as your team leadership and project management skills to product
the next generation of exciting products for mobile phones, PDA's and
smart phones.
? Develop new, and support existing applications targeting a
variety of wireless platforms, including BREW, J2ME, WAP and Flash
? Develop and implement interfaces to a variety of 3rd party
content management systems and data feeds.
? Support and enhance systems for user subscription management
and integration with 3rd party billing systems
? Work with product managers to estimate and schedule projects,
as well as contribute to overall user interface design and product
feature set
? Provide strong leadership to manage priorities and multiple
projects facing tight deadlines.
? Practice and promote test driven development, continuous
integration, refactoring, and iterative development.
? Be a mentor and provide guidance and opportunity for
professional growth to the programming staff.

Development/Computing Environment:
? 8-10+ years experience in software development.
? C++ and Java.
? SQL database experience;
? Linux proficiency;
? Experience working in an environment that practices agile
development;
? 4+ years experience in successfully managing development
teams.
? Experience with an on-line, database driven or transaction
oriented site.
? Mobile device and/or PDA application programming experience;
? UI design experience or proclivity;
? Experience working with 3rd party data feeds;
? WAP experience (WML 1.x, WAP 2.0);
? BREW or J2ME experience;
? Experience in agile development methodologies

Skills required for the position:
C++, WAP, JAVA, AGILE, WIRELESS, SQL, WML, LINUX, USER INTERFACE,
FLASH;
This position is at a Midtown NYC location.

Please contact me by email along with an updated resume, your current
rate/salary & compensation requirements, as well as your citizenship
status and availability if you are interested in this position. If
you are not currently available, but know someone who is interested I
would appreciate your referral greatly.

Thank you,
David Leak
IT Recruiter