Raw Power Supplies giveaway

James Marquardt

Jul 20, 2018, 6:54:35 PM7/20/18
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
Hey All,
I have a couple of power supplies that I pulled from two Whole house Audio systems that some here might be able to use.  They are free for the taking

Here is what I have on each:

Power Supply #1:

This one came out of my original 600+ watt Whole House Audio system.  The Toroid transformer is custom made by Noratel and the outputs are +/- 35vdc and +/-15vdc

The Green Board next to the left of the Transformer is the voltage select/power control board.

The whole unit weighs 14 pounds/6.3Kg

Power Supply #2:

This supply came out of my second Whole House Audio system.  The system could put out over 1200 watts at full power so that gives you an idea of what this unit can do.

Sadly, while I was removing the large power board I broke two of the Bridge Rectifiers(see pictures) on the board.  These are readily available and easy to replace.

I do not have voltage outputs due to my breaking the bridge rectifiers.

This unit weighs in at 21 pounds/9.5Kg.  The green board on top of the transformer is the voltage select and has two thermal sensors that will shut the unit down on thermal overload.  THese can be jumped out if not needed for your use.

I am located on Long Island.  I can ship them, or if you want to come here thats ok too.

Cheers!

Jim

James Marquardt

Jul 27, 2018, 9:32:51 PM7/27/18
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
OK, Power Supply #1 has a new home!  How about power supply #2?

JIm