NYCPlaywrights November 11, 2023

NYCPlaywrights

Nov 11, 2023, 4:43:19 PM11/11/23
to NYCPlaywrights
Greetings NYCPlaywrights

*** FREE THEATER IN NYC ***

FOOD FOR THOUGHT, THE SCRUMPTIOUS PLAYS
Free new, short, wacky musicals
The newest members of the Project are whipping up a confection of comedy and drama, featuring an amazing cast.

Playmakers: Aidan, Angela, Cataleya, Julian, Mamadou, Naresa, Shaddai, & Walter.

Actors: Hank Azaria, Michael Braun, Bill Camp, Raúl Castillo, Edie Falco, Ben Katz, Leta Levy, Roma Maffia, Omar Metwally, Adrienne C. Moore, Margaret Odette, Grace Rex, Sathya Sridharan, Angelica Toledo, Sophie von Haselberg, & Stephen Wallem

Directors/Dramaturgs: Kaaron Briscoe, Nolan Doran, Mat Hostetler, Krystel Lucas, Don Nguyen, Joanna Parson, Cianna Proto, & John Sheehy.

Composer/Music Director: Avi A. Amon

Five Angels Theater
789 Tenth Avenue, 2nd Floor, NYC
(between 52nd & 53rd Streets)

Friday, December 8 @ 7:30 PM
Saturday, December 9 @ 3:00 PM
Sunday, December 10 @ 3:00 PM
https://52ndstproject.my.salesforce-sites.com/ticket/#/

*** CONGRATULATIONS! ***

Melissa Milich writes:
"Hello, I first heard of Open-Door Playhouse through NYC Playwrights.  The audio version of my play OvEn just aired and this is the link to it: Theater 110: OvEn — Open-Door Playhouse (opendoorplayhouse.org)

OvEn by Melissa Milich: Jenny and her best friend Lucy are selling cookies door to door far and wide in hopes of raising funds for Jenny's college tuition. Their efforts take a bit of a turn when they land on the doorstep of Mrs. Zodiac, the widow of the Zodiac Killer who's preheating her oven just for them.
Now, listen carefully and don't try to escape..."

*** THANKS FOR SHARING MELISSA! ***

*** OPPORTUNITIES FOR PLAYWRIGHTS ***

BREAK A LEG PRODUCTIONS Seeking Submissions for Love Fest – two days of short plays celebrating Valentine's Day. Three plays performed Friday, February 9th and three plays performed Saturday, February 10th. Please submit one acts up to 30 pages with the theme of LOVE.

***

A Call to Conscience Interactive Theatre for Social Change in collaboration with Bread & Roses Missouri is seeking submissions for “Social Justice Shorts” a one-act play festival on April 18 -20, 2024, venue TBD.

The company is seeking 10-minute short plays and 30-minute or less one-acts plays centered around the following themes:
LGBTQIA+ & Transgender Issues
Mental Health
Economic Justice/Workers’ Rights
Police Brutality/Gun Violence
Health Disparity
Immigrant/Refugee Struggles
Homeless/Unhoused Issues
Racial Justice

***

San Francisco-based independent theater company La Lengua Teatro en Español is commissioning two to three plays, centering the voices of Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and Queer playwrights.

We are looking to commission one-act plays that center on stories of Puerto Rico and/or its people and the complex relationship with the United States. We are seeking out playwrights with the desire to share stories of resistance, celebration, and truth-telling.

*** FOR MORE INFORMATION about these and other opportunities see the web site at https://www.nycplaywrights.org ***

*** FREE PLAYS AT THE INTERNET ARCHIVE ***

The Internet Archive has a collection of books which may be borrowed an hour at a time, or 14 days at a time. Sign-up for a free account to borrow. https://archive.org/account/signup

Available plays include...

Tom Stoppard: Plays 5 - ARCADIA, THE REAL THING, NIGHT AND DAY, INDIAN INK, HAPGOOD
https://archive.org/details/tomstoppardplays0000stop/page/n5/mode/2up

***

The Prisoner of Second Avenue
by Neil Simon
https://archive.org/details/prisonerofsecond00simo

***

The best man; a play about politics
by Gore Vidal
https://archive.org/details/bestmanplayabou00vida

***

Complete works : with an introduction "Writing for the theatre"
by Harold Pinter
https://archive.org/details/completeworksvol00haro/page/n9/mode/2up

***

Welcome to the moon and other plays