[JOB] Front-end Webdev Manager

Pete Soderling

Sep 13, 2012, 8:38:11 AM9/13/12
to ny...@googlegroups.com
I'm working to help a great team in NYC find a webdev manager for their front-end development team.

Here are a few quick bullets that explain the role:
Strong front-end dev experience, you're serious about JS (experience w/ JQuery, Backbone, or other frameworks)
* Has 2+ yrs previous management experience of web teams
* Manage team of 6 people (growing to 10+ w/in 12 mos)
* 50-60% management, rest coding as individual contributor

This role will be working closely with the product development organization, so someone that has previous work experience implementing apps w/ modern web UX is required.

This job is sourced from our CTO network at g33ktalk.com, and represents a great opportunity to work with a top (no-BS) tech team in NYC.

Reach out if you're the right person for this role.

Cheers,
-pete

Luke Arduini

Sep 13, 2012, 3:31:24 PM9/13/12
to NYC.js
Pete,

Sounds like this could be a great opportunity for someone, but there
are some details missing:

- company name (unless I misread and this is for a gr33ktalk position)
- compensation
- how much of a referral cut you're getting
- how this benefits the community (for example, using a portion of
your cut to sponsor a future NYC.js community event).

If you're not comfortable or not allowed to share this information
publicly, I totally understand (I know competition in the recruiting
industry can be pretty cutthroat). If that's the case, there are other
avenues that are probably more suitable for this type of advertisement
than a community oriented mailing list.

- luke