Nordic climate cooperation

Ina Bjørnrå

Sep 3, 2012, 7:47:32 AM9/3/12
to ny...@googlegroups.com

Nature and Youth (YFoEE Norway) is a Norwegian youth organization that works with local and global environmental problems.

This September we are planning on visiting all the Nordic countries to start a climate network for youth organizations. We hope that your organization would like to meet us!

When we meet we would like to give you more information about our plans, why we want to start a Nordic climate network, and we are very interested in discussing a potential cooperation . Is your organization interested in having a meeting with us now in September?

We believe that it is extremely important that the voices of today’s youth are heard in matters that concern our future, and stopping the worst consequences of global warming is certainly very important for our future.

What we want to achieve through this project/ cooperation:

  • Common requirements for the international climate negotiations
  • Common requirements for the Nordic governments
  • Create greater youth involvement and increase knowledge about the climate changes.

Comment or email me if this sounds interesting: in...@nu.no

Oleg Izyumenko

Sep 3, 2012, 8:01:19 AM9/3/12
to ny...@googlegroups.com

You're welcome to come and meet our country's youth climate movement at Power Shift Sweden in Stockholm on Sep. 21-23. powershiftsweden.org

Oleg

Oleg Izyumenko

Sep 3, 2012, 8:02:56 AM9/3/12
to ny...@googlegroups.com
…and, you can also send a separate group to Helsinki, where a number of the most prominent youth climate movement's leaders from Finland (e.g. Jonas Biström, Maria Vuorelma) and Sweden (e.g. Rebecka Carlsson, Hanna Mia Brekkan, and myself) will gather the same weekend, Sep. 21-23. globsol.info

Oleg