Ways to Enjoy Art During a Time of Social Distancing

NYC Arts in Education Roundtable: Community Conversation on COVID-19

Mar 16, 2020, 9:34:31 AM3/16/20
to NYC Arts in Education Roundtable: Community Conversation on COVID-19
Please use this thread to post about different cultural opportunities you see that can be enjoyed remotely. We'll start with these three:

"Google Arts & Culture’s collection includes the British Museum in London, the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, the Guggenheim in New York City, and literally hundreds of more places where you can gain knowledge about art, history, and science. This collection is especially good for students who are looking for ways to stay on top of their studies while schools are closed."

Here is the schedule for the first week of streams:
  • Monday, March 16 - Bizet's Carmen (Conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin, starring Elīna Garanča and Roberto Alagna. Transmitted live on January 16, 2010.)
  • Tuesday, March 17 - Puccini's La Bohème (Conducted by Nicola Luisotti, starring Angela Gheorghiu and Ramón Vargas. Transmitted live on April 5, 2008.)
  • Wednesday, March 18 - Verdi's Il Trovatore (Conducted by Marco Armiliato, starring Anna Netrebko, Dolora Zajick, Yonghoon Lee, and Dmitri Hvorostovsky. Transmitted live on October 3, 2015.)
  • Thursday, March 19 - Verdi's La Traviata (Conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin, starring Diana Damrau, Juan Diego Flórez, and Quinn Kelsey. Transmitted live on December 15, 2018.)
  • Friday, March 20 - Donizetti's La Fille du Régiment (Conducted by Marco Armiliato, starring Natalie Dessay and Juan Diego Flórez. Transmitted live on April 26, 2008.)
  • Saturday, March 21 - Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor (Conducted by Marco Armiliato, starring Anna Netrebko, Piotr Beczała, and Mariusz Kwiecien. Transmitted live on February 7, 2009.)
  • Sunday, March 22 - Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin (Conducted by Valery Gergiev, starring Renée Fleming, Ramón Vargas, and Dmitri Hvorostovsky. Transmitted live on February 24, 2007.)
Rhythm Workshop LIVE: Universal Digital Learning hosted by Roundtable Member, Michael Morales!
Monday - Friday EST 9-1pm
Launching March 16, 2020

Join the #lovestream
YouTube / Facebook / Instagram

YouTube Live

Facebook LIve
Michael Ryan Morales

Instagram Live
@RhythmWorkshopNY

Suzi Shelton

Mar 16, 2020, 9:40:05 AM3/16/20
to NYC Arts in Education Roundtable: Community Conversation on COVID-19
Hello Friends - if you have young children at home I am offering musical entertainment M-F at 4pm and Saturdays at 11am for the next couple of weeks via Facebook Live.  Everyone is welcome and it's always FREE.  https://www.facebook.com/suzisheltonmusic/photos/a.217052365022/10163120767060023/?type=3&theater
stay safe and healthy and stay connected!
xoxo
Suzi Shelton

NYCAIER Managing Director

Mar 16, 2020, 10:17:19 AM3/16/20
to NYC Arts in Education Roundtable: Community Conversation on COVID-19

Announcing Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! (free video series) 📚

Join the Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home as Mo Willems invites YOU into his studio every weekday at 1 p.m. to draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing—starting today!

NYCAIER Managing Director

Mar 16, 2020, 5:00:54 PM3/16/20
to NYC Arts in Education Roundtable: Community Conversation on COVID-19

NYCAIER Managing Director

Mar 18, 2020, 1:01:36 PM3/18/20
to NYC Arts in Education Roundtable: Community Conversation on COVID-19
NYS Arts Go Online: Virtual Events for All Ages

"In these unprecedented times, New York’s arts and culture play as valuable a role in our lives as ever.

We are proud to support our grantees as they ensure that all New Yorkers can continue to experience our creative culture while upholding essential public health measures.

Although doors to our cultural institutions have closed, across all regions of the state, many are offering streaming movies and performances, hands-on activities for kids and families, and virtual galleries.

From family art projects to theater, independent film, opera, streaming house concerts and centuries of incredible painting and sculpture, as we practice social distancing, we can still connect through the arts.

We will continue to update this post – and encourage you to share your virtual events at public....@arts.ny.gov."

https://arts.ny.gov/blog/nys-arts-go-online-virtual-events-all-ages