"bridge ... requires a sledgehammer to whack it into place"

danny burstein

Oct 13, 2023, 10:36:12 PM10/13/23
for anyone still lurking...

Why we can't have nice things, part, well, I've lost track

NJ Transit fires one of the key construction managers...

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/transportation/2023/10/13/nj-transit-fires-manager-of-new-portal-bridge-project-gateway-tunnels-hudson/71157664007/

dan...@panix.com

Peter T. Daniels

Oct 14, 2023, 10:51:47 AM10/14/23
On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 10:36:12 PM UTC-4, danny burstein wrote:

As for the header, that happens whenever you have to join things you
were building from both ends.

> for anyone still lurking...
>
> Why we can't have nice things, part, well, I've lost track
>
> NJ Transit fires one of the key construction managers...
>
> https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/transportation/2023/10/13/nj-transit-fires-manager-of-new-portal-bridge-project-gateway-tunnels-hudson/71157664007/

If you get to the end of the story, it turns out to be a case of
firing the squeaky wheel before he turns into a whistleblower.
Talk about burying the lead!

We haven't heard the last of this.

Ruben Safir

Oct 15, 2023, 4:55:01 AM10/15/23
Graft. If you want a nice thing buy a Porche or an Irish Settler