west park Concordia of sorts!

because new yoikahs are always bettah!

Jan 3, 2016, 3:16:40 PM1/3/16

Friends....TOMORROW ...January 3rd...is the 10th Day of Christmas...we will alo celebrate the Epiphany and Christmastide Communion.....

Tomorrow night is our night to volunteer at the SPSA homeless shelter at 86th and West End beginning at 6:30 PM...

Next weekend a 3-4 person work crew arrives from Sacramento to continue reconstruction work on our Chapel...over the 5 nights, their life will be made easier if evening meals are provided....we've got 3 already...just need 2 more....

Also...don't miss this very special event next Sunday night at 6 PM...help spread the word!!!!

WHAT: TRES SUENOS: WHEN MUSLIMS, JEWS AND CHRISTIANS DREAM TOGETHER

West-Park Church ,the Center at West Park and Noche Flamenca present

An Interfaith celebration and exploration of the three cultures and religions of Andalusian Spain

Hosted by Reverend Dr. Robert Brashear and Martin Santangelo, NocheFlamenca

Special Guests - Rabbi Rolando Matalon, B'nai Jeshurun

Chaplain Rabia Harris, scholar in residence for the Community of Living Traditions at Stony Point Center

Featuring singers, musicians and dancers from Noche Flamenca (and other special guests)

WHERE: West Park Presbyterian Church, 165 West 86th Street

WHEN: Sunday January 10 6 PM

Background: In a day and time when politicians in the US and globally exploit fear of our Muslim neighbors, it is helpful to revisit a time when our communities lived in collaboration and cooperation with one another. The result was a "golden age" of philosophy and culture where all three traditions influenced each other. The evening will feature performances of music and poetry from the traditions and conversation with Dr. Brashear, Rabbi Matalon, Chaplain Harris and Mr. Santangelo.
For more information contact:

212-362-4890