September Salon

K Tempest Bradford

Sep 16, 2012, 4:57:24 PM9/16/12
to nyc-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello Salon goers,

This month we're saloning on September 25th. I realize this falls
right in the middle of Jewish holidays so some of you regulars may not
be able to make it. Don't worry, we'll be back next month!

Where & When?

The Vagabond Café @ 7 Cornelia Street, Tuesday September 25th, 7pm to
9pm - feel free to arrive at any time.

Also, remember that if you'd like us to feature your music or visual
art at the salon (even if you can't make it), please send me an email
address and I will add you to the group's DropBox. Then you can upload
your images/music.

Should I Bring Anything?

Calling cards, business cards, postcards, CDs or other things you can
hand people to remind them that they met you.

Please bring examples of your artistic endeavors including portfolios,
printed material, and digital show and tell.

For Newbies: What is a Salon?

Literary and artistic salons started back in 17th century France, when
inspiring hosts and hostesses gathered "stimulating people of quality"
together to refine their taste and increase their knowledge through
conversation. Today there may be fewer wealthy patrons willing to host
an event in their townhouses, but there is always a need for artists
to meet other artists, to explore other circles of creative influence,
to cross borders.

Our salon aims to bring together writers, visual artists, musicians,
performance artists, crafters, academics and other people of quality
in New York City for a relaxed evening of conversation.

See you then!

Tempest