Ring in the New Year with FIRE!

mcmanus tara

Dec 27, 2012, 2:34:09 PM12/27/12
to nyc fire arts
Hey gang!

I hope everyone had an awesome holiday, I'm really looking forward to this New Years Eve because I decided not to work bullshit gigs that make me unhappy! Instead, I'm going to spin fire at a party I actually WANT to go to and I'd like to invite you all to join me! Swimming Cities is throwing "The first party ever" at the Gowanus Ballroom, a big warehouse with extra high ceilings for maximum fire! At midnight, they will be destroying a disco bal with a junk car and then I will be choreographing a sort of "all hands on deck" simple fire piece and could use some extra spinners who would like to learn the moves, it will be with fans and clubs, I have 4 pairs of clubs to lend out. After that, there will be a spin jam from 1-3am. There is no pay for this but I will supply the fuel, you get into the $25 party for free and I will have a roll of drink tickets to hand out after we have spun!

Call time for choreography: 9pm at the floasis, we will run through the moves and then get a free cab ride to the event!
Call time for Spin Jam: midnight at the event, look for me!

Here is all the promo for the party, its going to be down and dirty fun! https://www.facebook.com/events/147660522049526/
  • Presented by Swimming Cities and the Gowanus Ballroom

    A Down and Dirty New Year!

    Irresponsibly cheap drinks, open bar from 11:30-12:30

    $20 at the door. $15 presale, way early, way late, or with exceptional costume

    Presale tickets available now! firstpartyever.brownpapertickets.com. Cash only at the party, no ATM.

    Congrats. You all survived. However. the M.I.T supercomputer model "World3" suggests that as a civilization, we have already passed the Wile E. Coyote off-the-cliff-and-running-in-mid-air point. We need only to look down, realize our fate, and plummet into total meltdown.

    But don't worry my little sausages, we still have lots of fun for you before complete social breakdown, martial law, flood plains, black mold farms, and bad taste overrun the nation. All proceeds go to recovery from the SuperShitStorm Sandy deluge destruction at Serret Metal Works and the resurrection of the "BOATEL" art hotel project in Far Rockaway.
    Please come join us New Years as we celebrate the new normal with:

    Shameless, sweaty dancing from Barney Iller, Dj Shakey, and Dj Tinseltown

    A special midnight appearance by the Stumblebum Brass Band

    Madagascar Institute's screaming 75mph jet pony ride that may (will) kill you.

    Midnight spectacular featuring a derelict car used as battering ram to destroy a massive disco ball piñata.

    DIY vip section with empty bottle service

    Serret's patented coal fire hot tub time machine.

    Live birth of the antichrist, according to Doctor Adventure

    Indoor plumbing

    Visuals by Vox and other luminaries

    Giant Squid

    Death Defying Performances from the Floasis Crew

    Randomly paired girl/boy human equine races

    A New Do For A New You For A New Year hair salon by Paris Mancini

    Full bar with normal drinks for normal people plus red wine and coke

    Dirty Uncle Pony Rides-- back by popular demand!

    Sadly "The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past, only far more expensive." However, this will not be a problem. In fact, our supercomputer predicts an inflation adjustment to around mid seventies prices on drinks. We'll also have an open bar from 11:30 to 12:30. Come ring in the New Year's cheap, big, loud, dirty, and fun.

    Costume suggestions: Mole people. Tank girl. Black mold. Fish nets with fish in them. C.H.U.D.s. Skulleaters. Troglodytes. Geriatric steampunk. NO ZOMBIES, zombies are out. Pure trash. GWAR. Post 2012 washed up messiahs. Adult babies. Sleazy guy who try's to make out with every girl he sees for an hour after midnight. Feral boy, Naked still works.