spin jam, swap meet and crafting!

mcmanus tara

Oct 17, 2012, 1:02:54 AM10/17/12
to nyc fire arts
Hey fire friends! We have a buncha things lined up at the Floasis this and next week to get the most out of fall, the best season ever!  1342 Dekalb Brooklyn https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&cid=5183393063038572667&q=HQ&iwloc=A&gl=US&hl=en

2- Floasis Swap meet
Sunday 3-11pm

Since we joined forces with Ninja Pyrate studios, we have a ton of stuff we don't want anymore, including fire toys, clothes, costumes and housewares! Do you have stuff you want to get rid of too? bring it along to sell, swap or gift!
To particiapte, we encourage that you bring your own tables, bins, racks, hangers or blanket to lay things out on. Whatever you don't get rid of, TAKE IT WITH YOU! There is a clothing drop box less than a block from our space.
Live screen printing by Iconartistry!
Spin jam after! 8-11pm

3- Leather mask molding workshop
Monday,October 22, 2012
6:00 PM-10:00 PM

Join Christopher Massey from Harlequin Productions for an afternoon of crafting hard leather masks step by step. All attendees will learn the process of fabricating a mask template, cutting and hardening leather and painting the mask to suit your personal style.
This method can also be used to make much more than just masks!

$60.00 includes materials fee… AND you keep your own creation!
There is limited space so register ASAP! Deadline for registration 10/19

The Floasis
1342 Dekalb Ave
L train to Dekalb

Skiffle

Oct 17, 2012, 12:57:31 PM10/17/12
to nyc-fi...@googlegroups.com
Can't wait! Here is the list of Ninja Pyrate clearance loot so far - prices are ALL 33% to 75% off - depending on condition. Some of these items are brand new!
3 2" collapsible fire staffs new ends
1 2" collapsible fire staff, burnt ends
2 collapsible
glow staffs, demo ends (flow lights separate)
1 solid dragon staff, burnt ends
1 solid dragon staff, new ends
1 contact sword prototype, burnt end
4 fire club ends, burnt ends
1 practice staff, new
4 modular doubles (sets), new ends
1 Trick Concepts Khaos fans (set), needs re-wicked
1 Trick Concepts Doubles (set), needs re-wicked
Also:
3 large framed art pieces
3 small framed art pieces
2 small unframed art pieces
8 small buddha sculptures
1 blown glass piece
8 DVDs

mcmanus tara

Oct 17, 2012, 4:31:16 PM10/17/12
to jeffh...@gmail.com, nyc-fi...@googlegroups.com
I will be selling a pair of fire snakes and I have 4 or 5 garbage bags of funky clothes, halloween costumes and old samples of spandex and nylon stuff!

Also our roommate connie will have a pair of fans for sale (needs a new wick) $70 and she will be doing live screen printing.

Burning Passion Fire gear will be available at full price (fans, fire poi, practice poi etc.) and we will have chains, wick, connectors and kevlar thread for sale to do repairs! http://www.burningpassion.com/

Oct 21, 2012, 6:12:12 AM10/21/12
to nyc-fi...@googlegroups.com
Sounds Great!.  I'll come after work-coming from Bergen st and Flatbush- is a 4 train the best way to get there>?

I have lots of clothing, and probably some Artwork I can bring.  I am interested in looking at Fire Hoops, regular collapsible Hoops, Fire Swords, and Palm Torches, if anyone has any of those laying around.  (And a China Silk Middle Eastern Veil/someone who has skills to hem-on a sewing machine-a piece of China Silk to talk shop with)

~Justine

Skiffle

Oct 21, 2012, 12:59:01 PM10/21/12
to nyc-fi...@googlegroups.com
Normally the M train is closest, but they don't like to run on the weekends anymore. So the J train to Myrtle is close, and also the L Dekalb stop. There are B38 and B54 bus stops on the corner if those are handy.

I know someone was posting about bringing a fire hoop for sale. And I love to make fire swords! We have one heavy contact sword prototype on clearance too.

Skiffel