5/8 ICAW Compost build at Smiling Hogshead Ranch

Gil Lopez

May 7, 2024, 8:14:50 AMMay 7
to NYC Composting
Hello community composters,
I invite you to join the Smiling Hogshead Ranch crew for our weekly Wednesday workday during International Compost Awareness Week. We will be partnering with with Astoria Pug to accept a little over a ton of food scraps and building a lasagna style compost windrow. We will meet at 25-30
Skillman Avenue, LIC Queens, this Wednesday at 5:00pm and work till around 7 before breaking for a shared potluck dinner in the garden. We realize many people cannot arrive till later than 5, but we need to get started so we can finish before sunset. Please come when you can, do not worry about being late!
image0.jpeg
If you know anyone who wants some hands-on compost learning, this is an excellent opportunity. If you are a seasoned Master Composter and want to be in compost community, this is also a great opportunity.
I was injured last week and am hoping lots of folks come out and help moving these heavy toters.
Hope to see some of you after work on Wednesday.

In SOILidarity,
gil lopez

I am based in the traditional territory of the Canarsie and Munsee Lenape, now called LIC, Queens. I acknowledge these Indigenous Custodians of the place in which I live, work and play. While colonization has largely extirpated these peoples, I recognize their continuing connection to land, water and community and pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.