Flatbush Street Tree Care and Block Clean Up Invitation

Corazón Valiente

Jul 5, 2023, 9:57:25 AMJul 5
to NYC Community Composting
Greetings and Salutations,

Can you believe it's already been almost 6 months since I last advertised a street tree care event on my block? Thanks to all who came in January. It not only warmed my heart, but also my neighbors were happy to see people out there giving a damn about the neighborhood.

This time around I'm partnering up with another active community member (Nadia). Our aim is to care for the trees on her block (Clarkson 2) and my block (Clarkson 1). That is a total of 80 trees. (!! does sound like a lot, but for those who joined in January, we were able to do all the trees on my block with a team of 15. This can be done again). If you aren't necessarily interested in getting into some compost and tree mulch, this gathering is also a street clean-up. Tools for cleaning will be provided (gloves, garbage bags, grabbers - thanks Sanitation Foundation)

Date: Friday July 21, 2023
Time: 5p - 7p
Location: meet at the corner of Clarkson and Bedford Aves - Clarkson 1 and 2 are located between Flatbush and Rogers Aves
Transportation: Q to Parkside Ave, 2/5 to Winthrop St, B to Church Ave, B12 to Clarkson and Bedford, B41 to Flatbush and Clarkson, B49 to Bedford and Clarkson

 Eventbrite link to register (you're encouraged to use this link so we can see how many people are coming)

Billing the event as family friendly TGIF alternative to a happy hour at a bar - this is a sober event (but I'm not policing people who bring their personal beers, smokes).

Will be providing some water and light snacks but you are encouraged to bring your own to best fit your needs.

Thank you to Big Reuse's Anneliese (with the German pronunciation :)) for shooting me a message asking if I wanted to get in on some action she and Nadia were cooking up for the block.

---
Corazón L. Valiente
Owner | Made with Love, DUH! LLC