Composting Programs with Randall's Island Park Alliance!

Anna Kemeny

May 3, 2024, 3:02:09 PMMay 3
to nyc-communit...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Randall's Island Park Alliance is hosting two compost-themed programs in the coming week in honor of International Compost Awareness Week! Please share and join us for:

Compost Walk with East Harlem Walks: Join us for a walk to the Urban Farm with East Harlem Walks! Meet up at Playground 103 CIII at the base of the 103rd St Bridge, and enjoy a scenic walk along the riverfront, ending at the Urban Farm for a discussion on composting and food waste. Pedestrians of all ages and abilities are welcome!
Location: Playground 103 CIII at the base of the 103rd Street Footbridge in East Harlem

Wormy Wednesday: During International Compost Week, join RIPA and GrowNYC to learn about vermicomposting! Come afterschool to meet worms from our compost bins and learn how you can make your own at home. We’ll have games, crafts, compost education, and you can even bring us your food scraps!
Location: East River Picnic Area by the orange public restroom

For inquiries about accessibility, to request an accommodation, or for event information, please email publicp...@randallsisland.org.

Cheers!

Gil Lopez

May 3, 2024, 3:42:39 PMMay 3
to Anna Kemeny, nyc-communit...@googlegroups.com
I want to encourage everyone hosting ICAW events next week to share them on the ICAW events website so they are all centralized.

I’ve got a few of mine up, but they are the only ones listed for all of New York!

In SOILidarity,
gil lopez

I am based in the traditional territory of the Canarsie and Munsee Lenape, now called LIC, Queens. I acknowledge these Indigenous Custodians of the place in which I live, work and play. While colonization has largely extirpated these peoples, I recognize their continuing connection to land, water and community and pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.