APPRENTICE TEST ANNOUNCEMENT

doug m

Apr 30, 2023, 9:29:27 PM4/30/23
to NYC Community Composting
APPRENTICE TEST ANNOUNCEMENT
About us:
Local One is the premier stagehand union of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (I.A.T.S.E). We are the Brothers, Sisters and Kin who construct, install, maintain, and operate the lighting and sound equipment, the scenery, props, and special effects which thrill and delight audiences attending Broadway shows, concerts at venues such as Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden and Carnegie Hall, spectacular productions at The Metropolitan Opera and throughout Lincoln Center, and the many entertaining broadcasts from CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, and PBS. We work at numerous cable TV studios and make possible the presentation of major corporate industrials and special events.
About the Apprentice Program:
Our Apprenticeship Program places qualifying candidates in full-time, paid positions in the NYC area at specific venues or shops for 2 to 3 years, giving them invaluable on-the-job experience, journeyperson status upon completion, and excellent networking opportunities with fellow stagehands. Apprenticeships currently pay in the range of $17-$30/hr and may require (paid) overtime. After a 30-day probationary period, apprentices will qualify for benefits, including: welfare, annuity, pension, and supplemental benefits. There is a required curriculum of seminar and workshop-style classes that must be completed during the apprenticeship, and we offer funding for industry-relevant third-party training through our TET (Training, Education and Technology) Fund.
About the test:
We have partnered with Criteria Corp. to host the test online with online video proctoring through VidCruiter. Allowing you to complete the test from any location. The test does not require any industry knowledge, and is instead aptitude-based, testing for things such as spatial, mechanical, and numerical reasoning, and verbal comprehension. Registration is not being capped at this time and will be open to anyone aged 18 years as of December 31, 2022, and is legally qualified to work in the United States. The top 20 scorers will be accepted into the program and placed in order, based on rank, into the next open positions. This will typically be within 24 months, but as soon as a few weeks after the testing window ends.
Registration opens on Monday May 1, 2023 and closes Friday May 5, 2023 - Cost to register is $100 REGISTER at https://iatselocaloneapprenticeship.com
The actual testing link will be dispersed to registered candidates no later than May22, 2023, and will need to be completed by 11:59 pm May 26, 2023.
IATSE Local One Apprenticeship Program