New York Times inquiry

chi...@aol.com

Apr 1, 2013, 5:48:29 PM4/1/13
to nyc-area-...@googlegroups.com
I'm a writer at The New York Times, working on a piece about do-it-yourself drones, and was hoping to hook up with some some people actuallu flying them.  My knowledge, such as it is, comes only from YouTube so far.  I should add that I"m not one of these people trying to traise an alarm about drones.  The phenomenon interests me because of the people and the way the whole hobbyist end seems to be developing from the ground up, by ordinary people tinkering with the technology on their own.

Would appreciate any help or advice.

Many thanks,

Charles McGrath

Justin Friedman

Jun 16, 2013, 8:45:06 PM6/16/13
to nyc-area-...@googlegroups.com
I would love to help with your article if you are still writing it. I'm a student and have just entered into the hobby. My first major project was building a drone with a makers club that I started at my school. I'm very interested in raising awareness about the hobby and my school's work to the New York area. Please feel free to email me if you would like any detailed answers or if you would like to learn more about my school's drone project.

Best,

Justin Friedman