Tech Founders NYC

Joseph Turian

Jun 3, 2010, 12:41:16 AM6/3/10
to ny-n...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Francis Hwang <se...@fhwang.net>
Date: Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Subject: [ruby-nyc] [slightly OT] Tech Founders NYC
To: ruby...@yahoogroups.com

Hey all,

Also wanted to let you know that the meetup that Jake Howerton and I
are doing has put up its site, we've set a date for Tue Jun 15th, and
we're taking RSVPs.

http://techfounders.heroku.com/

Again, if you missed this: Jake and I pre-screen entrepreneurs who are
looking for a head techie to partner with, and have them pitch to a
room full of programmers. Only programmers can ask questions during
Q&A, and only programmers can vote at the end of the evening.

If you are a programmer (i.e. most of you on this list) and you'd find
this interesting, please do sign up. Also, please spread the word,
especially to non-Rubyists. This is not a Ruby-centric group; it's a
programmer-centric group.

We're still finalizing our lineup for this, but we've confirmed three
entrepreneurs:

* Rachael Chong, Catchafire
* Josh Weinstein, GoodCrush
* Eloise Bune D'Agostino, Gracious Eloise

Hope to see you there,

Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/

--