Fwd: Komarmi

jcth...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2023, 8:23:48 PM3/19/23
to ny-ma...@googlegroups.com
Hello racers one our elder stateswomen suffered a terrible crash this week and I thought you should know.  Please see below. Joie will be in our thoughts and prayers during her recovery. Please see below for details.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: mam...@roadrunner.com
Date: March 19, 2023 at 8:13:21 PM EDT
To: jcth...@gmail.com
Subject: RE: Komarmi

Joie Komarmi was struck by another skier on 3/16/23 and fell through a mogul field on Falcon at Holiday Valley. She was taken to ECMC for repair of her right femur which was broken in at least three places starting just above the knee. She required plates and screws for repair due to the proximity to the knee and the number of breaks including a lateral that "punctured out". As of 3/19/23 she was moved to a rehab floor at ECMC and may eventually be discharged to a rehab unit since she will be non-weight bearing for a number of weeks. Although she does not want visitors she welcomes cards, texts and notes.
Of note Joie had arranged a St Patty's ski day and après party for our ski club group that got moved from 3/17/23 to 3/16/23 due to the weather.
This is a condensed version of the many tests and e-mails I have gotten as of tonight
Joie's phone (720) 292-0304
Address:
4689 Transit Rd
Orchard Park, NY 14127

Thanks for sharing with Master's racing. I know Joie would love to hear from folks.

Joie Komarmi

Mar 20, 2023, 10:38:12 AM3/20/23
to jcth...@gmail.com, ny-ma...@googlegroups.com
Thank you everyone. Spring skiing came to a sudden STOP  last Thursday. Icy conditions on Falcon, skier was down and sliding I tried to avoid the skier and end up skiing right into moguls. End of story.
The St Patrick’s party was a joint venture with Lederhosen Ski Club and SCOL. The part went in without me. Next year!
Thank you for all your healing energy !
Joie

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 19, 2023, at 8:23 PM, jcth...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello racers one our elder stateswomen suffered a terrible crash this week and I thought you should know.  Please see below. Joie will be in our thoughts and prayers during her recovery. Please see below for details.

Mark Sertl

Mar 20, 2023, 11:24:25 AM3/20/23
to jcth...@gmail.com, ny-ma...@googlegroups.com
Get well - we miss both of you!