2014 NYC Ride To Cure T1D - Final Training Ride

Bob Cohen

Nov 13, 2014, 3:48:41 PM11/13/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Crankees -

We have come to the end of our journey for 2014 (though our support for the JDRF continues on).

This weekend I will be riding in Prospect Park, Brooklyn on Sunday November 16th, meeting up with Jim Goodin to ride a few extra loops (for as long as my ankle holds out) in preparation for his ride in Tucson.  Jim is the sole Crankee riding in Tucson this year.  I thought it only best lead Jim out on his home turf for some easy turns and spirited conversation.  Do come out and ride, even if for only short while, to cheer Jim on his successful effort in supporting the JDRF and towards his closing of the 2014 season.

It's been a good season for me and I hope each of you experienced his/her own 'goose bump' moment (Jim's is to come).  I look forward to next year and further Riding to Cure T1D.  Here's to each of you and your efforts in support of the JDRF.

Meet Up Time & Location:
Sunday Prospect Park:  We will meet at the Park entrance on 3rd Street and Prospect Park West for a 9:00 am departure.

This will be a relaxed ride so we will not necessarily depart timely; all last minute preparations, pre-ride discussions, etc. can occur in either the 5-10 minutes leading up to our departure time or in the 10-15 minutes after our scheduled departure time.  I will be waiting.

Please let me know if you think you will be coming out or if you have any questions.

Helpful Hint - it's never too early to think about the 2015 season training and fundraising for the JDRF.
Cary, Jeff & Bob

A short postscript shoutout to Suzanne, not a JDRF Crankee but a good friend of ours who came out with us on many training rides.  Suzanne had a terrible bike wreck a few weeks ago.  Best wishes for the speediest of full recoveries.  There's always room in our wacky paceline for you.

Please follow this link and help me support the efforts of the JDRF

Jim Goodin

Nov 14, 2014, 1:20:30 AM11/14/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Bob see you on Sunday.  It's been a good first season for me and yes the event is just a few days away.  I shipped my bike out earlier this week and I'm told should arrive in Tucson @17th.  In the interim I'm continuing pedaling on a Dahon P8 I got for work commute a couple weeks ago and I'm rather digging it.

I'm excited for Tucson and honestly a bit daunted but it's the newness of the territory to come and heavy draw but that said I'm very much excited and looking forward to it with wide eyes.  I watched the piece put together in 2012 by a rider from Georgia I believe and felt the goose bumps and warmness.

Anyhow as saying it's been a good first season, a return for me after many years off bike and in a sense I don't look at it as this season is concluding.  On the physical level I hope to pedal very much in to the winter so we'll see.  On a muse or metaphysical level well the journey has just begun.  Bottomline good to have found all of you that I have met and shared some road with over the last few months.  Hope some can turn out on Sunday but if not hope to see you along the way, maybe this winter :)  Best everyone, Jim

Jim Goodin

Nov 14, 2014, 1:22:46 AM11/14/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
And yes much speedy healing winds to Suzanne.  Terrible experience and I hope time will heal all levels for her.