2015 NYC JDRF Ride To Cure Diabetes Training Schedule, etc Week #3

Bob Cohen

Apr 13, 2015, 10:01:39 PM4/13/15
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Crankees - Cary (cc'd) & I enjoyed a few leisurely loops in Central Park on Sunday with Dan and Albert (welcome to the Crankees Albert).  The weather couldn't have been finer.  Thank you to Lindsay for snapping the first photo of the 2015 season (and posting it so quickly on FB).

REMINDER
Team Happy Hour & Tire Changing Demo
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
5:30 p.m.
Van Diemens - 383 3rd Avenue (between 27th & 28th)
Your coaches will put on a tire changing demonstration for pleasure of all attendees.
Please RSVP to Karena, cc'd on this EMail.

Our next ride is coming up Saturday April 18.  We're meeting up in Manhattan at Riverside Ride and 122nd street (east side of the street (uptown side)) at for a 9:00 a.m. departure.  Our route will take us up Riverside Drive and across the George Washington Bridge (GWB) for an easy paced ride up River Road to Alpine and back to NYC (we'll decide, based on road & weather conditions at that time whether we'll take 9w or River Road back to the GWB).  For anyone wanting to meet up on the Jersey side of the GWB, figure we'll get there at 9:25 a.m.

Please let me (Bob) know if you want to connect for the ride up to 122nd Street.  I live downtown and am happy to lead riders uptown.

Please note all last minute preparations, pre-ride discussions, etc. will occur in the 5-10 minutes leading up to our 9:00 a.m. departure time.  Both Cary & I will be riding so varied riding pace is possible.
Please RSVP so we know who to expect.

Please  post any questions & RSVP on the   Crankee   Google Group:

Our Facebook page:

Cary & Bob

Bob Cohen

Summary Schedule:
4/18/2015 Sat NJ River Road
4/25/2015 Sat Long Island - Short Version (LIRR Westbury Station Starting Point)
5/2/2015 Sat NJ 9w*
5/9/2015 Sat Free** - Mother's Day Weekend
5/17/2015 Sun NJ 9w
5/23/2015 Sat Free - Memorial Day Weekend
5/30/2015 Sat NJ 9w
5/30/2015 Sat Bloomin Metric*** Southport, CT (for more info http://www.bloominmetric.com)
6/6/2015 Sat Bedford - Short Version (Metro North Bedford Hills Station Starting Point)
6/13/2015 Sat Long Island - Long Version (LIRR Westbury Station Starting Point)
6/20/2015 Sat Free - Father's Day Weekend
6/27/2015 Sat Bedford - Long  Version (Metro North Bedford Hills Station Starting Point)
7/4/2015 Sat Free - Independence Day Weekend
7/11/2015 Sat NJ 9w
7/19/2015 Sat To BE determined
8/2/2015 Sun Ride to benefit both NYFAC & JDRF in Howard Beach, Queens

*9w indicates a ride across the George Washington Bridge (GWB) into New Jersey.  Our goal is to vary these rides and join up with NJ JDRF Chapters when possible.

**Free denotes nothing officially planned but one of your two coaches will be riding and will put something together ad hoc for those interested.

***if there is interest among the Crankees (so far one Crankee has signed up so I (Bob) will be riding there too)