Week 20 - JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes NYC Chapter

閲覧: 10 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Bob Cohen

未読、
2014/09/16 23:14:202014/09/16
To: ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Crankees

Sorry its been so long since last reaching out.  Been getting hammered at work before, during and after the Lake Tahoe Ride.

In this EMail I will cover wrap up of Lake Tahoe, Crankee update, lead in to the Death Valley Ride and the next training ride so please read thru to the end.

Lake Tahoe was a blast.  It was an honor to be one of 18 coaches riding along side 200 JDRF Riders (among 1600 Tour de Tahoe riders).  Our Crankees Angelo Gurino, Joe Mure & Chris Barker rode brave & true, and accomplished what they set out to do (and they had fun too).  The course, views and vistas of Lake Tahoe cannot be matched.  JDRF raised (I think) $800k.  I'd call that a success.

Two of our Crankees have been pretty this season.  Angelo Gurino & Joe Mure have been organizing/hosting/sponsoring fundraising events since early spring:  There was the JDRF Queens Walk; joint NYFAC/JDRF Howard Beach Bike Ride; as Lake Tahoe Ride participants; the burlesque night at Tiro a Segno this past weekend (Diane & I were there and it was a scream); and coming up in December, their Little North Pole event.  Angelo & Joe don't seem to tire.  I applaud them for all their efforts.

For Death Valley (Oct 18th), we have 3 riders participating:  Lisa Schalop; Lee Schalop; & Michael Mason.  Thank you for your fundraising efforts and best of luck on the most dramatic (my opinion) of rides.  We wish you the best.  In quick succession following Death Valley is the Hincapie Grand Fondo in Greenville; the penultimate Nashville Ride; and wrapping up the season on November 24th, Tucson.

There will be training rides both Saturday and Sunday this weekend September 20th & 21st.

I will lead Saturday's ride up 9w to Nyack (meet at west 122nd street and Riverside at 8 am; NJ side of the GWB at 8:35 am).  As I am riding a bit hurt, the pace may be off for Saturday.

Sunday, Jeff will lead a ride up to Rockland Lake Park, or perhaps to Stoney Point.  Expect more miles and a more lively pace.  Departure from NJ side of GWB at 8:30 am.

That's it for now; let me know if you have any questions.

Please post any questions & RSVP on the Crankee Google Group:

Jim Goodin

未読、
2014/09/17 13:16:182014/09/17
To: ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Bob, Joe, Angelo and Chris,

Kudos and much congrats on Tahoe, excellent re ride and fund raising success.  Bob excellent re sharing the stage with your fellow coaches.  Though there were many pix from Scott on FB I would welcome seeing more particularly if more of the route.

My job is moving to a new facility this weekend so I will sadly miss the Sat/Sun Crankee runs but will send my spirit :).  Trying to get as much weekday riding in this week in absence of this weekend.

Best to all.  Jim

Suzanne Simpson

未読、
2014/09/20 7:18:052014/09/20
To: ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob

Sorry for the late reply. I will be there at 8 and if you are still going then I will join!

Suzanne

Suzanne

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:14:20 PM UTC-4, Bob Cohen wrote:

Bob Cohen

未読、
2014/09/20 7:48:242014/09/20
To: ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I am at 122 and Riverside. At the church.
Great.
Sent via Wireless Device

From: Suzanne Simpson <suzanne....@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 04:18:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [NYC RIDE TO CURE DIABETES] Re: Week 20 - JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes NYC Chapter

jeff goodnow

未読、
2014/09/20 12:41:092014/09/20
To: ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
crankees,

i haven't seen anyone say they are interested in riding tomorrow (sunday).  any takers?  last call.

jeff

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:14:20 PM UTC-4, Bob Cohen wrote:

Joe Mure

未読、
2014/09/20 14:56:002014/09/20
To: ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Would lov to join u but got a cold

Sent from my iPhone

Jon Reitzes

未読、
2014/09/20 15:06:442014/09/20
To: ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Maybe!!

Jon Reitzes
Director

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended recipients and may be confidential.  Please consider the environment if you choose to print this message.

On Sep 20, 2014, at 12:41 PM, jeff goodnow <jeff.g...@verizon.net> wrote:

Jim Goodin

未読、
2014/09/20 15:09:202014/09/20
To: ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
pooh I'm putting computers online at our new digs, sorry I'm not pedaling with ya'll this weekend...  ride strong as they say, gorgeous day out (from the 44th floor....)...J

Wood and Wire Ware Mobile iOS mobile creations of James Goodin and Wood and Wire Ware

The Recordings of Wood and Wire Music - 'Organically inspired New Music'

From Brooklyn To Glindran, a new World/Free Jazz recording by Jim Goodin & Peter Thörn.  Proceeds from this CD will benefit JDRF International

Goodnow, Jeff

未読、
2014/09/20 22:02:512014/09/20
To: ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
all,

since nobody is interested in riding tomorrow, the ride is canceled.

jeff
Jeff Goodnow
Director of Broadcast Production

RAPP
The Customer Experience Agency
437 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10022
T  +1(212) 817 6882  |  M +1(917) 929 7252

Please help me find a cure for juvenile diabetes and support me in the 2014 Ride for the Cure at http://jdrf3.convio.net/goto/jeffgoodnow

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送