NYC RIDE TO CURE DIABETES Week #11 July 4th Weekend

Bob Cohen

Jul 3, 2014, 10:27:26 AM7/3/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Crankees -

NYC RIDE TO CURE DIABETES Week #11 July 4th Weekend
This weekend I will be riding in Prospect Park, Brooklyn on Saturday July 5th, and in Central Park on Sunday July 6th .  We’ll ride loops to log some miles and and help those with new bikes "break" them (the bikes that is) in.

Meet Up Times & Locations:
Saturday Prospect Park:  We will meet at the Park entrance on 3rd Street and Prospect Park West for a 9:00 am departure.
Sunday Central Park: We will meet at the Park entrance at East 90th Street & 5th Avenue for a
9:00 am departure.

Please note we will depart timely; all last minute preparations, pre-ride discussions, etc. will occur in the 5-10 minutes leading up to our departure time.

Helpful Hint - though I said it the week before last it very important; hydration & fuel.  Water and food on every ride.

Cary, Jeff & Bob

Please post any questions on the Google Group.
 Please RSVP on the Google Group for all rides:

Please follow this link and help me support the efforts of the JDRF

Dan Vogel

Jul 3, 2014, 12:20:59 PM7/3/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
With only a few weeks left until Burlington I need to try a longer ride so am going to try this one Sunday morning: http://www.5bbc.org/rides-events/day-rides/battle-brooklyn-revolutionary-war-ride
If anybody else wants to join let me know.  I think Jim is a maybe.

Suzanne Simpson

Jul 3, 2014, 6:48:47 PM7/3/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
I will be there Sunday in the park :)
Suzanne

Bob Cohen

Jul 3, 2014, 7:06:48 PM7/3/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Great.
Sent via Wireless Device

From: Suzanne Simpson <suzanne....@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 15:48:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [NYC RIDE TO CURE DIABETES] Re: NYC RIDE TO CURE DIABETES Week #11 July 4th Weekend

Lauren

Jul 3, 2014, 8:18:16 PM7/3/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com, ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
I will be doing the Tour de Queens Sunday and at a baseball tournament w/ kids Saturday happy 4th!!

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Goodin

Jul 4, 2014, 10:41:08 AM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Bob - Ann and I are going to do the 5 Borough Bike Club 'Taco' ride tomorrow and I'm probably joining Dan on Sunday for the 'Battle of Brooklyn' 5 BBC ride as well so won't see you for the loops although may cross paths as we meet for the Saturday ride at Grand Army.

Lauren I decided on the 5BBC for Sunday instead of the Tour de Q.

Happy 4th and weekend to everyone!

Jim

Jon Reitzes

Jul 4, 2014, 10:44:24 AM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Anyone want to do ~40-50 starting at 7:30 am on Sunday?

Jon Reitzes
Director

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended recipients and may be confidential.  Please consider the environment if you choose to print this message.

Lauren

Jul 4, 2014, 11:06:48 AM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Enjoy all

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Goodin

Jul 4, 2014, 2:04:00 PM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Jon bummer.  I would but as mentioned doing a ride with the 5BBC folks tomorrow and probably on Sunday or I would have joined you.  You could come along on the Brooklyn ride with us, Dan is going and I have tentative, going to see how tomorrow goes. Ann and I are doing that.

Wood and Wire Ware Mobile iOS mobile creations of James Goodin and Wood and Wire Ware

The Recordings of Wood and Wire Music - 'Organically inspired New Music'

From Brooklyn To Glindran, a new World/Free Jazz recording by Jim Goodin & Peter Thörn.  Proceeds from this CD will benefit JDRF International

Jeff Kauflin

Jul 4, 2014, 2:48:40 PM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Rachel and I will be there tomorrow in Prospect Park before 9am. I don't think we can make it on Sunday. Happy 4th!

Jeff

Jim Goodin

Jul 4, 2014, 2:53:58 PM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Jeff what new wheels did you guys get?  Assuming you did. J

Jeff Kauflin

Jul 4, 2014, 3:41:16 PM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jim - I got a Felt W95 and Rachel got a Felt ZW100. We like them a lot so far. Did a couple of shorter rides last weekend to practice.
@JeffKauflin  |  http://twitter.com/jeffkauflin

Jim Goodin

Jul 4, 2014, 5:36:18 PM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Jeff wow congrats to you and Rachel.  I don't know the Felt maker but do now.  How'd you find them?  So many options at this time.  Look forward to seeing them next time.

Jeff Kauflin

Jul 4, 2014, 9:46:11 PM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Jim. We found them at Zen Bikes on 24th and 7th. Liked the bike shop a lot.

Bob Cohen

Jul 4, 2014, 9:47:31 PM7/4/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Crankees-
There were no takers for tomorrows ride in Prospect Park.

Tomorrow I will be riding with Jeff and Rachel in Central Park meeting up at 8 am.

I will also be riding in Central Park on Sunday as planned.
Bob

Sent via Wireless Device

From: Bob Cohen <cohe...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 07:27:26 -0700 (PDT)