NYC RIDE TO CURE DIABETES FIRST TRAINING RIDE OF THE 2015 SEASON

Bob Cohen

Mar 1, 2015, 4:50:43 PM3/1/15
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Crankees -

Thank you for your support of the JDRF in its mission to turn T1D onto Type None.

Welcome to the beginning of the 2015 season.

Our first training ride will be a Prospect Park (Brooklyn) modest ride and a meet-and-greet on Saturday March 28th. (you have 3 weeks to prepare)

We expect relaxed loops around the Park.  After the ride we'll head over to Dinosaur (a few blocks away) for a bite to eat (and tasty beverages).

I will be riding in from Manhattan.  If you would like to meet up and ride over the bridge to Brooklyn together let me know.  I will be happy to lead a group.  If you'd rather take the subway, several trains will get you to Prospect Park (2,3,4,5; B,Q; F,G).

Bikes should be tuned up and ready to go before our ride on the 28th.  Always a good idea (hint: required) to have saddlebag with a spare tube and a multi-tool; frame mounted water bottle (with water or hydration drink); diabetes supplies a necessary; nutrition as necessary.  Please bring along your ID; cash   (or cards) for food/snacks/drinks;  Metro Card  for subway if you will (or may) travel by subway.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to either Cary or me with questions (about bikes; how to prepare you & your bike for this ride and the season; what else to expect; or about anything).

============================
Meet Up Time & Location:
Saturday March 28th Prospect Park, Brooklyn.  We will meet at the Park entrance on 3rd Street and Prospect Park West for a 11:00 am departure.

This will be a relaxed ride so we will not necessarily depart timely; all last minute preparations, pre-ride discussions, etc. can occur in either the 5-10 minutes leading up to our departure time or in the 10-15 minutes after our scheduled departure time.

Please let us know if you will be coming out or if you have any questions.
Cary & Bob

Please RSVP & post questions to communicate with other Crankees on the Crankee Google Group:

Crankees Facebook page:

Bob Cohen

Please follow this link and help me support the efforts of the JDRF

Lindsay Grubiak

Mar 6, 2015, 9:44:48 AM3/6/15
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
I won't be able to make it unfortunately but hope to see everyone at the next ride!

If anyone still needs a bike, my friend Chelsea is selling her Trek women's road bike! She road with the team in Death Valley a few years ago, but hasn't been on her bike since (and didn't really ride it before Death Valley either), so it's basically brand new. :) Feel free to send me a message for more information if anyone is interested!

Lauren

Mar 6, 2015, 10:57:47 AM3/6/15
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com, ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what my plans are for this season by I cannot make Sat rides as I teach spin classes in Sat enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone