NYC RIDE TO CURE DIABETES Week #13 July 19 & 20 (week before Burlington!)

Bob Cohen

Jul 15, 2014, 9:59:32 PM7/15/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Crankees -

NYC RIDE TO CURE DIABETES Week #13 July 19 & 20 (week before Burlington!)

Congratulations to all Burlington riders.  You may think the big challenge is a head of you but think about:  all the training miles you logged; all the fund raising emails, calls, conversations & posts; all the time spent in the saddle; and all the time & effort spent focusing on the real task (raising money for the scientists to find a cure).  The hard work is behind you.  Get ready to start the party.

This weekend there will two options:
On Saturday for those looking for miles, I will lead a 75 mile ride up 9w to, and around, Rockland Lake State Park (more miles if you want to).

On Sunday I will lead a shorter ride, figure 50 miles up 9w.

Meet Up Times & Locations:
Both days leave Riverside and 122nd at 7:30 am; push off from Jersey side of the GWB at 8 am.

For Saturday two water bottles and on-the-bike nutrition.  We'll make a few limited stops.

Please note we will depart timely; all last minute preparations, pre-ride discussions, etc. will occur in the 5-10 minutes leading up to our departure time.

Helpful Hint - if you don't have bike tool, look to get one.  If you have a bike tool, take it out and familiarize yourself with the components.

For Burlington riders that have not sent their bikes on a head - clean up that bike.  It takes time but clean up the dirt and grime.  Make it shine.  There are plenty of online instructional videos.  Arrange with your bike shop for a simple tune up before Burlington.  It's good practice to have your bike checked out by your local shop to minimize risk of a ride weekend bike failure.

RSVP and/or questions, please reply on the Crankee Google Group:

Facebook page:

Cary, Jeff & Bob

Bob Cohen

Lauren

Jul 15, 2014, 10:27:42 PM7/15/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Have a great weekend all good luck Burlington riders  - suck a beautiful ride I am not a 9W fan so will be tapping out!!  Enjoy!!  Hopefully sun is out will be riding local!

Sent from my iPhone

Lauren

Jul 15, 2014, 10:28:45 PM7/15/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com, ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
*such darn auto correct lol

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Goodin

Jul 16, 2014, 11:01:24 PM7/16/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Yes congratulations to Dan, Jeff, Rachel and any others that I don't know who are riding soon in Vermont, exciting!  Looking forward to the same feeling as November comes.

Bob weekend sounds great and challenging.  I will join on Saturday.  I'm going to try again, to add to it riding from Brooklyn if I get away early enough.  Will ascertain Sunday based on how I feel and time but looking forward to Saturday.

Jim

Jeff Kauflin

Jul 17, 2014, 10:36:46 PM7/17/14
to ny-cr...@googlegroups.com
Rachel and I will be there on Saturday. Looking forward to the challenge!