NxFilter upgrade on Raspberry Pi

MrIntarnet

Aug 15, 2020, 11:24:07 PM8/15/20
to NxFilter
Hi,

Apologies if this is a repeat request, I couldn't find a relevant post.

Been running NxFilter on my home network with a Raspberry Pi, and it's awesome in keeping the kids on track with school-work.

The original install was v4.3.3.2 and I see now that the current version is 4.3.8.1. Is there a simple guide to upgrading the package, or will installing the new version perform an upgrade, rather than a re-install. I'm quite fond of the way I have it running at the moment, so I'd rather not lose what's already there with a reinstall upgrade.

Thanks in advance
MrI

Jahastech

Aug 15, 2020, 11:27:19 PM8/15/20
to NxFilter
You can overwirte everything from the latest zip package.

We keep your config in a separated db so that you don't lose your setup after updating.

MrIntarnet

Aug 15, 2020, 11:59:55 PM8/15/20
to NxFilter
Gave me a heartattack as the GUI wasn't coming up after I unzipped.

Went back through my original install notes and ran the startup.sh after the unzip and we're in business! Nice graphics!

Thanks for the help :)