NxFilter installation on Pfsense - no login page displayed

Skip to the first unread message

BGV

26 Aug 2020, 18:25:0326/08/2020
to NxFilter
Hi
i installed nxFilter v4.3.8.2 on pfsense (2.4.5-RELEASE-p1 (amd64) as per the installation guidelines provided in the tutorial.

nxFilter is installed on port 80 and while NxFilter is working for users with IP address directly mapped, it is not working on common computer where i expect the multiple users to login with their nxFilter password. On this computer when i open firefox there is a message "You must login to access the internet" with a login button/link. however when i click on the link it redirects to "https://detectportal.firefox.com:81/success.txt" and a page is shown stating "You must log in to this network before you can access the Internet. with another button "Open Network login page"".   While i expect the login screen to appear, pressing the button does not show the login page!!.

Has anyone faced this situation? let me know if you need any additional information. Appreciate you help in resolving this issue.

Has anyone faced this situation? let me know if you need any additional information. Appreciate you help in resolving this issue.

Jahastech

26 Aug 2020, 19:37:0726/08/2020
to NxFilter
Firefox doesn't know where your login page is. So, it's not the link to your login page. You don't get your login page probably because of SSL redirection problem. Read this,

You can solve the problem by using CxForward probably. However, we don't support Firefox with CxForward. Alternatively, you can call Login Domain which you can define on 'Config > Setup'. In your browser, type 'login.example.com' into the address bar. You can make it a start page for your Firefox.

We are trying to move into Reddit forum. Next time, use our Reddit forum for questions.