Accessing a website with Required unique dns

Lio M

Aug 12, 2020, 5:15:59 PM8/12/20
to NxFilter
Hi thank you for nxfilter

I am installing this in a small office environment..everything works great so far

Just having one problem..

Where we have this one website that we can only access if we are using dns provided by our main office headquarters

When we set our nxfilter dns as our only dns..the website is unaccessible

Is there any way i can access the website using nxfilter dns?

Jahastech

Aug 12, 2020, 6:57:16 PM8/12/20
to NxFilter
Are you sure that you use NxFilter as your DNS server? On your CMD, try this.

  nslooup reddit.com

Gregory M

Aug 12, 2020, 8:54:13 PM8/12/20
to NxFilter
C:\Users\greg>nslookup reddit.com
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  10.x.x.x

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    reddit.com
Addresses:  151.101.193.140
          151.101.1.140
          151.101.65.140
          151.101.129.140

10.x.x.x is nxfilter dns

Jahastech

Aug 12, 2020, 8:57:25 PM8/12/20
to NxFilter
Sorry. Maybe there's a misunderstanding. You want to access your own website or company website but NxFilter can't resolve it. Was it what you wanted?

Gregory M

Aug 12, 2020, 9:23:28 PM8/12/20
to NxFilter
yes that what i meant

Jahastech

Aug 12, 2020, 9:25:13 PM8/12/20
to NxFilter
You can bypass those domains to your company DNS server on 'DNS > Setup > Local DNS'. Or you can create a zone file on 'DNS > Zone File'.

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 10:23:28 AM UTC+9 kingof...@gmail.com wrote:
yes that what i meant

Gregory M

Aug 12, 2020, 9:36:55 PM8/12/20
to NxFilter
thank you... that solved it

by the way in DNS > Setup > Local DNS

when i checked the use local dns checkbox after submit succes it is back to uncheck

is that normal ?

Jahastech

Aug 12, 2020, 9:40:00 PM8/12/20
to NxFilter
Did you add local domain? Local DNS is only for local domains you specified. So, you have to add local domains.

Gregory M

Aug 12, 2020, 9:47:41 PM8/12/20
to NxFilter
ok noted. thanks again :-)