Block app on smarphone

alterano lantiano

Aug 15, 2020, 7:12:33 AM8/15/20
to NxFilter

Good afternoon
I have to activate nxfilter in a school context and I need to block all applications on smartphones and tablets of the type: Instagram
TikTok
Twitter
Facebook
Netflix
Amazon Prime video

To do this I whitelisted url, eg:
* .cdninstagram.com
* .instagram.com
TikTok (category Social)
* .primevideo.com
* .netflix.com

etc

Everything works fine on a personal computer, but on smartphones and tablets with the use of apps as if there were no filters.

The smartphone only uses navigation via router where DNS NxFilter are wired, mobile data connection disabled:

how can I do ?

Thanks for your help

Tassos Seperis

Aug 15, 2020, 8:08:43 AM8/15/20
to NxFilter
I have the same issue with some mobile apps (such as tiktok, hangouts, games apps).

I believe that the mentioned mobile apps are probably not doing dns requests, which is a pity, bcz nxfilter is very good at what it does and it's sad not to be able to block the respective mobile apps.

Let's wait for an official reply from nxfilter...

Jahastech

Aug 15, 2020, 11:12:47 AM8/15/20
to NxFilter
We only can block apps when they use DNS. Otherwise, you have to block it on firewall level.