Brief recap on Wednesday Night Net 2021-12-29

Steve Stroh

Jan 2, 2022, 1:49:04 PM1/2/22
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
We had a great time on the Wednesday night net on the 146.740 repeater
chatting via fsq.

Checking in:
N8GNJ - Steve (Bellingham)
WB7FHC - Budd (Birch Bay)
NM7A - Larry (Orcas Island)
VA7EET - Patrick (Surrey)

VA7EET was notable because he was using a LimeSDR Mini which is a
software defined transceiver. He was using SDR Console software to
drive it, and a Buddipole antenna. The transmit power of the LimeSDR
Mini is pretty low - "up to 10 dBm depending on frequency"; an online
calculator says that's 10 milliwatts (I can only think in watts, not
dBm). Thus VA7EET could only have participated via the resources of a
good repeater like 146.740.

Having VA7EET check in, on such low power was (to me), very very cool.

We'll continue this net through January at least and consider a
different time / day after we can talk about it at the January Digital
Group Meeting on 2022-01-18.

Thanks,

Steve N8GNJ

--