VHF / UHF Radio Internet remoteable?

Steve Stroh

Sep 22, 2021, 3:28:57 PM9/22/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
Does anyone know of a VHF / UHF radio that can have the radio in one place and the control panel, microphone and speaker in another place, and the connection between them is Internet?

Flex Radio does this very well, but it’s overkill for the application I have in mind.

Steve
--
Steve Stroh steve...@gmail.com
Editor

Steve Magnuson

Sep 22, 2021, 3:34:42 PM9/22/21
to nwwdigi
Not strictly VHF/UHF (but includes those bands), but I know the IC7100 does. Supposedly the TMD710G does as well. For others, see https://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=362

Peter WA7FUS

Sep 22, 2021, 6:01:17 PM9/22/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
Steve S.
The IC-9700 is remoteable with the Icom remote software and with wfview.

Peter WA7FUS

Bill Vodall

Sep 22, 2021, 9:45:35 PM9/22/21
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Check icoms new ic-705.  It's appears to be workable to the point of hanging the radio on the wall in the garage near the antenna then access it anywhere over a network.

Steve Stroh

Sep 23, 2021, 1:50:22 PM9/23/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
The application I have in mind favors the use of a physical front panel.

I’m thinking of demonstrating Amateur Radio to kids and other members of the public. My perception is that anything on a monitor is “been there, done that, not exciting”, but a dedicated physical front panel is tactile, different, and interesting.

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep ‘em coming.

Steve N8GNJ

Don VA7QU Poaps

Sep 23, 2021, 2:43:01 PM9/23/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
The EMBC (Emergency Management BC) have TS 480 which they can network into. FYI

73
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA