Kenwood TM-V71A Availability

Chris KC9AD

Nov 14, 2021, 4:45:28 PM11/14/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
FYI, I was able to buy a new Kenwood TM-V71A from Main Trading Company. The price was $395 with free shipping and they do not charge sales tax in AZ. The last time I bought something from them, I was living in Washington and I believe they did not charge sales tax there either.

Using CHIRP under Linux on the RPi, I was able to clone my other TM-V71A. The only gotcha is that the radio comes with a "PCSPD" (serial data rate) set to 9600. You have to go into menu item 519 and change it to 57600 manually.

Strangely, I then had to recycle the radio power in order to get 710.py to work.

All hail Budd WB7FHC and Steve AG7GN for our magic FSQ machines. 73.