Wednesday Night Casual Data Net was a success

Steve Stroh

Dec 3, 2021, 7:39:51 PM12/3/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
Our first MBARC Digital Group Wednesday Night Casual Data Net on the
146.740 repeater was a success!

Joining me (Steve N8GNJ) were:
Dave W7WDM
Larry NM7A
Mick K7MNF
Randy N7EBB
Rob KG7GTC

We chatted from 20:00 to approximately 20:48.

Lessons learned:
* Remind participants to use allcall so all participants will see the
message in their main window.
* For the voice announcements, we need an easy to enunciate URL with
instructions on how to join the fun.
* For the voice announcements, state the repeater parameters (- 600
kHz transmit offset, 103.5 subaudible tone).
* Figure out why (at least on my system) Configure > Rig Control >
Hardware PTT > Start of transmit PTT delay > (changing the value
doesn't seem to add any transmit delay)

The MBARG DG Wednesday Night Casual Data Net will be each Wednesday
evening at 20:00 - 21:00 Pacific. This will be a CASUAL net - not
"official" or formal, or directed. Anyone that wants to participate is
welcome to do so.

In the first weeks / months, we'll use the fsq (Fast Simple QSO) mode
of the fldigi suite - same as is done during the Sunday morning casual
net on 145.580 simplex in the Bellingham area. If you've been
participating in the Sunday morning casual net on simplex, the only
changes needed are to change the settings of your radio:
Receive: 146.74
Transmit: 146.14 (- 600 kHz offset)
Subaudible tone (CTCSS / "PL"): 103.5

Because the 146.740 repeater permits high signal-to-noise, we suggest
using the 6 characters per second speed.

If you have any questions, please email me.

Thanks,

Steve N8GNJ
President 2021-2022
Mount Baker Amateur Radio Club Digital Group

--
Steve Stroh N8GNJ
Editor

Chris Doutre

Dec 3, 2021, 8:37:38 PM12/3/21
to nww...@googlegroups.com

Steve,

Some of us have discovered that an effective transmit delay to allow repeater initiation can be configured as follows:

In Fldigi:

  1. Configure
  2. Config Dialog
  3. IDs
  4. RsID
  5. Pre-Signal Tone
  6. Set to 1.0 seconds
  7. Save
  8. Close

You should see the delay in your own waterfall.

73.

Chris KC9AD

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nwwdigi/CAGh1Bg6HbC8m0NWLYBEdROzjOwHb8%3D%3D5Nv1GJL3EK0fQdCE6nQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Steve Stroh

Dec 18, 2021, 1:51:42 PM12/18/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
Chris:

Apologies for the late acknowledgement for this tip. You were correct,
and it works great.

Thanks,

Steve N8GNJ