Bullseye/Nexus-DRX Install

David N7NTN

Jan 13, 2022, 7:59:52 PM1/13/22
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio

Steve,

Here are some points specific to my Raspberry pi-4 Nexus-DRX install that may be of interest:

  • I installed Bullseye on the Rpi-4 as a stand alone system before installing it in the Nexus-DRX stack and running your program. I'm using a 64GB SanDisk USB 3.1 flash drive.

  • I use a DVI only monitor with an HDMI to DVI cable and a HDMI to mini HDMI adapter.

  • I've also installed Barrier so I can use the keyboard and mouse on one computer for both monitors. VNC works fine as well.

  • The Rpi-4 (8GB) was originally in a case with a fan and has a heat sink on each chip.

  • The vcgencmd command you referred to gives a CPU temperature of 48^ C at idle which is surprisingly close to my measurement using a handheld thermometer with a laser pointer.

Is there a way to remove the VNC server icon from the panel?

David

N7NTN

Steve Magnuson

Jan 14, 2022, 12:26:32 PM1/14/22
to nww...@googlegroups.com
David<

I think you are referring to the VNC icon in the system tray on the upper right of the desktop?

If so, then you can prevent it from appearing when no one is VNC'd in. Right-click on the icon and click Options…, then Expert, scroll down to DisableTrayIcon and set that value to 1. Click Apply then OK. The tray icon will still appear when someone is VNC'd in, but will not appear otherwise.

Steve