Digital Group mailing list is moving to Groups.io

Visto 37 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Steve Stroh

no leída,
22 ene 2022, 17:52:5722/1/22
a Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
The Mount Baker Amateur Radio Club's Digital Group's mailing list is
moving! We will soon move from using this Google Groups mailing list
to a Groups.io mailing List - dig...@mbarc.groups.io.

You will receive an individual INVITATION email (opt in) to subscribe
to dig...@mbarc.groups.io.

Make sure you accept this invitation ASAP so you won't miss any of the
great contributions we all look forward to reading.

C U you on the new list.

Your Digital Group Board.

(Detailed information follows.)

Since the Mount Baker Amateur Radio Club (MBARC) decided to use
Groups.io - https://mbarc.groups.io/g/main for its primary web
presence and mailing lists in 2021, it's been a goal to "eventually"
migrate the Digital Group to use a mailing list hosted under
mbarc.groups.io.

The primary reason that we didn't do such a transition concurrent with
the rest of MBARC is that the Digital Group's list on Google Groups
"Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio" - nww...@googlegroups.com
has a rich history of information, and we didn't want to lose that
information. We have looked, but there doesn't seem to be a simple,
quick method for importing a Google Groups archive into a groups.io
mailing list.

Lately, the usage of the groups.io mailing list in parallel with the
Google Groups mailing list has begun to cause significant confusion.
Thus, it's time for that transition away from Google Groups to
Groups.io.

The plan is to leave the Google Groups list in place to be able to
access the archive. Eventually, if no better way is found, we'll
export the most informative messages out of Google Groups into a text
archive (likely a "wiki") in the Digital Group section -
https://mbarc.groups.io/g/digital.

What will happen next is that all 92 subscribers on
nww...@googlegroups.com* will receive an invitation email to
subscribe to dig...@mbarc.groups.io.

* If you're one of the 16 people ALREADY subscribed to
dig...@mbarc.groups.io (Thank You!), you will NOT receive an
invitation email.

Subscribing is an opt-in process - YOU have to confirm that you wish
to join dig...@mbarc.groups.io. No one will be automatically
subscribed to dig...@mbarc.groups.io.

For maximum communications effectiveness, it's preferred that DG'ers
cease their use of nww...@googlegroups.com, and use
dig...@mbarc.groups.io for group communications with your fellow
DG'ers.

As of today (2021-01-22) any "official" announcements from the Digital
Group - meeting announcements, etc. will only be posted to the
dig...@mbarc.groups.io list.

You can self-subscribe (don't wait for the invitation) via web:
Go to https://mbarc.groups.io/g/digital and click "Apply For
Membership In This Group" or set up a Groups.io account (handy to
manage all your Groups.io subscriptions) and click "Log In If You Are
Already A Member".

To add yourself via email, send an email to:
digital+...@mbarc.groups.io

You do not have to be a (paid) member of the DG to subscribe to the DG
email list. New requests (without an invitation) to join the DG list
are moderated to help control spam posting.

If, after you are subscribed to dig...@mbarc.groups.io, you wish to
unsubscribe to the Google Groups list, send an email to:
nwwdigi+u...@googlegroups.com.

THANKS for your understanding in this transition.

Steve Stroh N8GNJ
MBARC Digital Group President 2021-2022

--
Steve Stroh N8GNJ
Editor

Gayland Gump

no leída,
22 ene 2022, 21:43:1722/1/22
a nww...@googlegroups.com
Steve, clarification please.  If I am already a member per groups.io and receiving multiple mailings from it on both my accounts instead of just one, do I need to accept this invitation?

Gayland
KG7GCF

Steve Stroh

no leída,
22 ene 2022, 22:51:3722/1/22
a nww...@googlegroups.com
Gayland:

There are two Groups.io lists available to MBARC members:

kg7...@gmail.com is currently subscribed to dig...@mbarc.groups.io

Steve N8GNJ

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 18:43 Gayland Gump <kg7...@gmail.com> wrote:
Steve, clarification please.  If I am already a member per groups.io and receiving multiple mailings from it on both my accounts instead of just one, do I need to accept this invitation?

Gayland
KG7GCF

Responder a todos
Responder al autor