Kenwood TM-71A

dh....@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2021, 7:52:08 PM11/27/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
I'm about to take the plunge and by a TM-71A. I am wondering if there is someone that would be willing to assist me in programing and if there is a programing cable that someone can loan me to do this? MY next step is to build Budd's Nexus kit and I'll be asking for some assistance again as I try to get going with digital.
73,
David N7NTN

Gayland Gump

Nov 27, 2021, 11:14:22 PM11/27/21
to nww...@googlegroups.com
David,

Recommend you buy the cable with the radio as you'll want it so you can use Steve's 710 contol software to control your radio from the Nexus.  Furthermore, WECG has a good speadsheet, that I believe is CHIRP compatible, that you can save to a csv format that CHIRP can import directly to your radio.  I'll be glad to assist you with your Nexus build and programming the radio if you need me.

Gayland
KG7GCF

Dh Rz

Nov 28, 2021, 4:17:26 PM11/28/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
Thank you Gayland, I would appreciate your help on all of it. I'm stepping into new territory with digital radio. I'll go ahead and buy the programing cable as you suggest. Do I need to get a mini-din 6pin cable as well? I'll be ordering the Nexus this week. I'll keep you posted.

David N7NTN

Gayland Gump

Nov 29, 2021, 12:02:45 AM11/29/21
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Yes the mini din 6pin male-male cable connects the radio to the audio and the programming cable will connect the usb on the pi to the control port on the radio.
It makes a very nice rig for digital coms.

Gayland
KG7GCF