MBARC Digital Group Zoom Meeting THIS Tuesday 2021-10-19 @ 19:00

Steve Stroh

Oct 17, 2021, 2:54:24 PM10/17/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
Hello all DG'ers!

It's once again time for the Mount Baker Amateur Radio Club (MBARC) Digital Group (DG) to meet "Brady Bunch" style on Zoom. We meet to discuss all things digital (mostly data) in Amateur Radio. Of particular interest to the MBARC DG is the use of the WB7FHC / AG7GN Nexus DR-X units (http://wb7fhc.com/intro.html) and HamWAN / AREDN microwave networking here in Whatcom County.

MBARC DG meets the third Tuesday of each month at 19:00 Pacific. Some of us gather early for casual chatting.

Zoom Link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84786930504?pwd=YTlsZEs4dGRIMEdKUzVnckhodVNFdz09

Budd Churchward WB7FHC will be recreating on a trip, and has given me temporary custody of his Zoom account for the DG meeting. As usual, I'll start the Zoom session at 18:30, and begin recording at 19:00 for the formal meeting.

Topics for this meeting include:
* Introductions of those new to Amateur Radio and/or the Digital Group, including non DG guests.
* Show and tell of any projects or activities that you've done that are "Amateur Radio Digital".
* Digital Group Treasurer's Report
* A vote on an expenditure of DG treasury funds
* Discussion about the just-concluded Bellingham Maker Faire.
* Discussion about the newly-formed Bellingham Makerspace Amateur Radio Group.
* Discussion about another test of using a MBARC repeater -  Mt. Constitution 146.740
* Discussion on designing and building a fox hunt transmitter, digital group style. The second part would be using the DRX capabilities to hone in and find them. (Per Andy KF7VOL)
* (If time permits) Discussion about projects / ideas for the coming year for MBARC DG.

Administrivia:
The MBARC DG thanks Budd Churchward WB7FHC for the use of his business-grade Zoom account for conducting the MBARC meetings.

About the Mount Baker Amateur Radio Club (MBARC) Digital Group (DG):
The Digital Group (DG) is a technically oriented subsidiary group of the Mount Baker Amateur Radio Club (MBARC) in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington that is focused on data communications in Amateur
Radio. The goal of the DG is to help DG members and especially newcomers to Amateur Radio, and Amateur Radio Operators new to data modes, understand and use Amateur Radio data communications modes
effectively. Most of the DG’s usage of Data Communications occurs on the Amateur Radio VHF and UHF bands within Whatcom County and surrounding areas. Information about the Digital Group can be found at
https://mbarc.groups.io/g/main/wiki/28088.

Joining the DG
Membership in the Digital Group is an add-on to MBARC membership. DG membership dues are $10/year (in addition to MBARC membership dues). DG dues are used to support various projects relating to the focus of
the DG, such as building Amateur Radio data communications infrastructure such as digipeaters. To pay your dues, either send a
check to
MBARC Digital Group
PO Box  981
Bellingham, WA 98227

DG Meetings
The DG meets on the third Tuesday of each month, beginning at 18:30 Pacific for casual chatting and 19:00 for the "formal" meeting. During COVID-19 restrictions we've met via Zoom videoconference. The
link for the Zoom videoconference is published on the DG’s email list. You do not have to be a member of the DG to attend the physical or virtual meetings.

DG Email Discussion List
The DG uses Google Groups for its email list. If you're a Gmail user, you can browse to https://groups.google.com/g/nwwdigi and search for "Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio" and subscribe to the DG
mailing list there. Gmail users can view archives of previous discussion threads.

If you're not a Gmail user, to subscribe to the DG email list, send an email (no subject or body text) to
nwwdigi+...@googlegroups.com

You do not have to be a member of the DG to subscribe to the DG email list. Requests to join the DG email list are moderated to attempt to minimize spammers and spamming.

We are always looking for interesting topics to discuss about Amateur Radio data communications. Please let me know of topics (and speakers) that you'd like to see at a future DG Meeting.

Steve Stroh N8GNJ
MBARC Digital Group President 2021-2022

--
Steve Stroh steve...@gmail.com