Google assistant

Art

Oct 14, 2021, 7:44:32 PM10/14/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
So i got one of these google speaker thingies for free and I was
wondering if anyone has come up with some nifty ham related uses for
them? I've been exploring it a bit but so far the jokes are dad level,
adding things to the shopping list is nice, and asking about the weather
is getting old.

Gayland Gump

Oct 14, 2021, 8:21:57 PM10/14/21
to nww...@googlegroups.com
Prefer not inviting Google to be in the house listening it already spends too much time monitoring my online activities. Just sayin.

Gayland
KG7GCF

Peter WA7FUS

Oct 14, 2021, 8:30:13 PM10/14/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
If you use Google to search for "Google Assistant and ham radio" this is one of the links which you get:

Peter WA7FUS

Art Miller

Oct 15, 2021, 10:00:55 AM10/15/21
to Northwest Washington Digital Amateur Radio
I was looking for more of an assistant in doing hobbies, I kinda like the idea of saying "hey Google, what are the band conditions" or "hey Google, what contests are coming up?"

I need to play around with it and see how much it can help with electronics ("hey Google what's the color code for a 2.2k ohm resistor?")

Also yeah I get it we invited "big brother" to listen to us, but I just wanted to see if I could use it for something useful that's hobby related.

Though if you have it and haven't tried it yet you can say "hey Google add eggs to the shopping list", I found out you can put a link to that list on your phone so when you go shopping you don't need to remember a list!