NWSFS Election and Picnic Social - Saturday - June 17th, 2023

Dick O'Shea

Jun 11, 2023, 12:01:04 PM6/11/23
to nwsfs-announcements
NWSFS Election and Picnic Social
Saturday - June 17th, 2023

Please join us Saturday, June 17th, 2023, for an Election and Picnic Social at Woodland Park Shelter No4. The social will begin at Noon and end at 6 P.M. Ballots will be accepted until 5 P.M. Results will be announced on the NWSFS Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/nwsfs/) and on our Google Groups email lists.

There will be a grill available. The club will provide burgers, hot dogs, condiments and buns. Please bring a contribution of munchies, salad, side dish or dessert that will complement the grilled main course. Bring your own beverages. To coordinate contributions you may contact Bill at info AT nwsfs.com. Also, we’d love an R.S.V.P. on our Facebook page or by email at info AT nwsfs.com so that we can plan the amount of food.  NWSFS members are encouraged to attend and non-members in the community are welcome, as always. We hope to see you there.

NOTE: To protect our more vulnerable members from COVID, we ask that you please do not come if you are not vaccinated, are displaying active COVID symptoms, have had a recent high-risk exposure to COVID, or within quarantine period for COVID. All seating is outdoors. Masks are not required but are welcome.

Logistical Information:
The shelter has one table within the covered area, with additional tables nearby. Bringing your own lawn chair or blanket guarantees you won’t be sitting on the ground. Grills and water are available. Bathrooms are across the parking lot. The shelter is right next to the parking lot. No stairs are required. Some handicapped parking and plenty of general parking is available. There is a fenced off-leash dog area down the hill. There will be some fooling around with super-soakers™, frisbees™ and other non-pointy toys for the young & the silly!

Directions:
I-5 North & I-5 South, take the NE 50th St exit.
Turn LEFT if from I-5 Northbound; turn RIGHT if from I-5 Southbound.
Continue on NE 50th Westbound.
Turn RIGHT at N 50th St and Stone Way N. Stone Way N will turn into Green Lake Way N when you make the turn.
Move into the LEFT lane (RIGHT lane is for bikes) and continue on Green Lake Way N to West Green Lake Way N, which is at the Green Lake Pitch and Putt Golf Course.
Turn LEFT onto West Green Lake Way N.
Make the first LEFT into the parking lot, then quickly turn RIGHT to go up the hill.
Shelter No 4 is immediately on the LEFT hand side of the road at the top of the hill.
Look for the NWSFS signs.