NWSFS Election and Picnic Social - Saturday - June 25th, 2022

Bill B

Jun 14, 2022, 12:30:16 AM6/14/22
to nwsfs-ann...@googlegroups.com, nw...@googlegroups.com

NWSFS Election and Picnic Social

Saturday - June 25th, 2022

Please join us Saturday, June 25th, 2022, for an Election and Picnic Social at Carkeek Park, Shelter No2 (Please note that this is a different location than where we have hosted this event in the past). The social will begin at 12 P.M. and end at 6 P.M. Ballots will be accepted until 5 P.M. Results will be announced on the NWSFS Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/nwsfs/) and on our Google Groups email lists.

There will be a grill available, but the idea is to focus on "individual food items". The club plans to provide burgers, hot dogs, condiments and buns. Please bring a contribution of munchies, salad, side dish or dessert that will complement the grilled main course. Bring your own beverages. To coordinate contributions, you may contact Bill at in...@nwsfs.com. Also, we’d love an R.S.V.P. on our Facebook page or by email at info@ nwsfs.com so that we can plan the amount of food. We hope to see you there.

NOTE: Please bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (picture on phone is fine). Please do not come if you are not vaccinated, are displaying active COVID symptoms, have had a recent high-risk exposure to COVID, or are within the quarantine period for COVID. There will be plenty of seating outdoors. Masks are not required but are welcome.

Logistical Information:

The shelter has a few covered picnic tables as well as a working sink/faucet, and there are additional picnic tables next to the shelter (we have reserved tables #6 and #7). There are no electrical outlets available, unfortunately. Bringing your own lawn chair or blanket guarantees you won’t be sitting on the ground. A charcoal two-sided grill is available for use, and we may bring an additional propane grill. Bathrooms are across the parking lot, or down a path from the picnic site. The shelter is across from the parking lot, up a path. No stairs are required, but the path is a slight uphill climb. Some handicapped parking and plenty of general parking is available. There is a beach (Puget Sound) nearby to the picnic area. There may be some fooling around with super-soakers™, frisbees™, kites, and other non-pointy toys for the young & the silly!

CARKEEK PARK

Shelter #2 (see black arrow in above picture) 950 NW Carkeek Park Road Seattle, WA 98177

I-5 Northbound: Exit at N 105th St/Northgate Way. Turn left at the light. Stay in the left lane. Turn left at Northgate Way. Follow the road around, cross Aurora Avenue N. Turn right at 3rd Avenue NW. Turn left at NW 110th St. NW 110th St will become Carkeek Park Road. Turn left at Pipers Canyon Road. Follow Piper Canyon Road to the shelters.

I-5 Southbound: Exit at N 105th St/Northgate Way. Turn right at the light. Follow the road around, cross Aurora Avenue N. Turn right at 3rd Avenue NW. Turn left at NW 110th St. NW 110th St will become Carkeek Park Road. Turn left at Pipers Canyon Road. Follow Piper Canyon Road to the shelters.

Look for the NWSFS signs and Shelter #2