NWSFS September Social

1 view

Bill B

Aug 23, 2023, 10:37:51 PM8/23/23
to nw...@googlegroups.com, nwsfs-ann...@googlegroups.com
Please join NWSFS for our September Social at the home of Bill Boyde and Cindy Greene on Sunday, September 10, 2023, in Snohomish, WA. The social will begin around 2 PM and continue until around 11 PM, or whenever we get tired.

NOTE: Please do not come if not vaccinated, displaying active COVID symptoms, have had a recent high-risk exposure to COVID, or are within quarantine period for COVID. Side gate will be open so people can enter back yard directly. There will be some seating outdoors. Masks are not required but are welcome. Bringing folding chairs is a bonus.
The address:
1625 Holly Vista Dr, Snohomish, WA 98290
phone: (425) 443-7867
email (replace "at" with "@")
bill "at" billboyde "dot" net -or-
wboyde1 "at" hotmail "dot" com
As usual, this is a potluck, so bring your contribution of a main dish (occasionally have enough), side dish (rarely have enough), munchies (usually have enough), or dessert (often have enough, if there is such a thing as enough dessert). Bring your own beverages if you want something particular, although some basic beverages will be available. NWSFS members are encouraged to attend, and non-members in the SF/Fannish community are welcome, as always. We hope to see you there.
There will be a propane grill available. Bill will be cooking some hamburgers and hot dogs to share. Anyone who wants to bring stuff to grill is quite welcome. Note there will also be a hot tub available outside, for those that are so inclined. (We just ask that people take a shower before going in the hot tub - it is not a bathtub 🙂 )
Logistics: The house is at the end of the main road. There is some parking on the street near the house. Parking in the driveway is okay, you don't need to worry about blocking anyone in. Finding a parking space might be tricky (I will coordinate with the neighbors to find additional parking spots.) There are no stairs leading to the front entrance; there is a small deck in the back that has a couple stairs, the path to it is over gravel and grass. There are no domesticated animals living there. Smoking is outside only, please.
Buses:
The nearest bus stop is at the intersection of Ave D & 13th St, about 1.2 miles from the house (bus access is not great around here) This serves Community Transit routes 109, 270, 271, and 424.
Directions:
There are many ways to get here, depending where you're coming from, and what level of scenery/traffic you prefer - one such way is described here. Google maps works great to get to the place.
From I-5 (either Northbound or Southbound):
Take exit 194 for US-2 E toward Snohomish/Wenatchee - 0.3 mi
Continue onto US-2 E - 1.9 mi
Keep right to stay on US-2 E - 1.4 mi
Take the "Bickford Ave and 13th St" exit - 0.3 mi
Continue another 3.7 miles . . .
At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Bickford Ave/Ave D
(You'll soon pass by a Haggen grocery - good place to get last minute goodies - on the left in 0.2 mi)
Turn left onto 13th St - 0.6 mi (road will jiggy a bit, go straight)
Turn left onto Pine Ave - 0.2 mi
Turn right onto 16th St - 0.2 mi (at St Michael's Church)
Travel past Terrace Ave (do NOT turn on Terrace, go up the hill)
Turn left onto Holly Vista Dr - 0.1 mi
Continue straight, to end of street.
The house is at the end of the street, towards the right side.
Light brown with light gray trim.

Thanks,
Bill