[JOBS] The Data St\ndards Authority is (still) looking for developers

Charles Baird

Jun 25, 2021, 12:28:14 PM6/25/21
to nwrug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi NWRUG!

I messaged you in mid-May about some developer  opportunities at the Data Standards Authority, which is part of the Central Digital and Data Office in the Cabinet Office. We had a really good set of responses to the more senior role, but we're still looking for some mid-level developers to join the team. We've got quite a few different strands of work, but most relevantly we're trying to turn the fledgling Government API Catalogue (https://api.gov.uk) into a real discovery layer for APIs across the public sector, to drive innovation and better services for citizens.

Job ad is here:

https://gdscareers.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-4/xf-930972319091/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/4/opp/314-Developer-Central-Digital-and-Data-Office/en-GB

But in summary we're looking for enthusiastic generalists, paying up tpo £57k, with a hybrid approach to working that will be predominantly home based, but with links to one of the Cabinet Office hubs in London, Bristol or Manchester. We've got a very flat structure so there will be a real chance for the right candidate to shape government approaches to interesting problems around data and APIs.

Do please give me a shout with any questions - I think this is a really exciting opportunity, although I would say that. The closing date is Monday, so not loads of time, but happy to answer any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Charles

Charles Baird
Data Architect
Data Standards Authority, Central Digital and Data Office
07846903170