No files matching error when packaging

Kevin Jones

May 31, 2022, 6:18:27 PM5/31/22
to nw.js
Hi,

Trying to package my app, but I'm getting "No files matching" error.  Assuming it was because the dist/ and/or src/ directories hadn't been created, I created them myself, but it still didn't work.  All other paths listed in package.json exist.

npm and nodejs were updated to latest version and nwjs was updated to 0.64.0-sdk.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
Kevin

CLI:

15:40:55 : ~/ReolinkNWJS
npm run prod

> Reoli...@0.0.1 prod
> nwbuild --platforms osx64 --buildDir dist/ src/

No files matching

15:41:00 : ~/ReolinkNWJS
ls
dist            icons            javascript        package-lock.json    package.json.TEMPLATE    src
html            images            node_modules        package.json        resources        styles

package.json:

{
  "name": "ReolinkNWJS",
  "description": "Reolink Client App In NWJS Framework",
  "version": "0.0.1",
  "icon": "icons/app.icns",
  "main": "html/main.html",
  "chromium-args": "--enable-logging=stderr --enable-spell-checking",
  "window": {
    "toolbar": false,
    "width": 800,
    "height": 500,
    "position": "center"
  },
  "nodejs": true,
  "node-remote": "*://*",
  "scripts": {
    "prod": "nwbuild --platforms osx64 --buildDir dist/ src/"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "nw": "^0.64.0-sdk",
    "nw-builder": "^3.7.0"
  }
}

Kevin Jones

May 31, 2022, 7:00:59 PM5/31/22
to nw.js
I am attempting the build on MacOS 10.13.6, nodejs version 16.15.0, npm version 8.5.5 .

Brian Bothwell

May 31, 2022, 8:20:08 PM5/31/22
to nw.js
This isn't an NW.js issue/topic, it's an issue with nw-builder which only recently started getting worked on again. There are discussions ongoing about the maintenance of this package on Discord and Gitter, but the new maintainer knows it's currently unstable and expects stability by version 4.

That said, your command doesn't look correct. You're passing src as the app directory when it should be where package.json is (the current directory). Try: nwbuild --platforms osx64 --buildDir dist/ ./

- Brian

Kevin Jones

May 31, 2022, 9:48:11 PM5/31/22
to nw.js
@sysrage Thanks.  That correction got me past the error.  Now I have other issues to deal with :-)

Kevin Jones

Jun 1, 2022, 12:48:27 PM6/1/22
to nw.js
I attempted to build an app for win64.  After installing wine64, everything seemed to run fine, no errors.  However, when I try running the new app on my Windows machine, it opens with the NWJS splash page, instead of running the code in my app.

Any ideas?

Kevin Jones

Jun 1, 2022, 12:49:14 PM6/1/22
to nw.js
This was the output:

npm run prod

> Reoli...@0.0.1 prod
> nwbuild --platforms win64 --buildDir dist/ ./

Latest Version: v0.65.0
Using v0.65.0 (sdk)
Create cache folder in /Users/kevin/ReolinkNWJS/node_modules/nw-builder/cache/0.65.0-sdk
Using cache for: win64
Create release folder in /Users/kevin/ReolinkNWJS/dist/ReolinkNWJS/win64

Ayushman Chhabra

Oct 16, 2022, 9:13:10 PM10/16/22
to nw.js
The latest nw-builder v4.0.0-rc.6 should work for you use case.