Profile error

Eamon Byrne

Mar 18, 2022, 2:26:33 AM3/18/22
to nw.js
I'm getting this when my app opens:
Profile error occurred
Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js.

Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.

Am using nw.js v275. Can't use a later version for a specific reason, long story.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eamon Byrne

Mar 19, 2022, 1:06:15 AM3/19/22
to nw.js
For anyone having this issue, I found a fix on the github repo issue #6188 " Your profile cannot be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js some features may be unavailable".  I followed James Moulang's suggestion and changed the "Name" field in package.json to some random string.  Pop up message then no longer issues.

Aremu david

Jun 16, 2023, 4:33:26 AM6/16/23
to nw.js
Hi,
I get this same issue when I try to open pgAdmin, and I'm not sure how to fix it as my pgAdmin does not run. I would appreciate your help. Thanks