C# DLL integration with NWJS

Deepak Agarwal

May 3, 2021, 6:35:48 AM5/3/21
to nw.js
Hello,
      In one of our solutions we are finding that nwjs can be the correct tech to be used. However I am facing a problem and not able to resolve it after trying several things.

Problem/Requirement: We want to invoke native DLL (c#) APIs from the NWJS scripts, as this DLL is interacting with the OS libraries.
Suggestion required : What can be the best way to interact with C# Dlls in NWJS eco system.?

Approaches which I tried
1) Used edge-js node module.
Problem: To use this module in NWJS I need to re-build the module with nw-gyp but it's failing. Problem described at

2) NaCL: Tried NWJS <--> NaCL <--> c++ <--> C#. C# integration yet to integrate.
Problem: Got from documentation that NaCL would be getting deprecated in future.

3) Standalone process: C# process/ Node Process which loads C# dll using edge-js. NWJS interacts with this process through streams/other message bus.
Problem: Process management has to be done by us, which is an overhead for us.

Would like to know your thoughts on the same, your suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Roger Wang

May 3, 2021, 10:09:13 AM5/3/21
to Deepak Agarwal, nw.js
Using edge-js should be better. I checked the issue you reported, looks like you need a newer version of visual studio and win10 sdk.

Regards,
Roger

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  The opinion expressed in this mail is that of the sender and do not necessarily reflect that of Quicko Technosoft Labs Private Limited. Thank you for your co-operation.