NW.js SDK mode

Chang Rebecca Swee Fun

Nov 2, 2022, 1:02:54 AM11/2/22
to nw.js
Hi Roger and all,
I am working on porting NW.js for RISCV architecture. I managed to get the base build and able to launch NW.js on Starfive's VisionFive board. However, I am stucked with the native client code base where I need to enable_nacl in order to build in SDK mode. The purpose of getting SDK mode is to run the sanity tests.

I read that the Native client was discontinued in mainline chromium (except chromeOS). So i would like to understand the importance of using NaCl in NW.js and to evaluate the porting effort (since it wasnt going to be supported by mainline chromium). Is there any chance that I could still get devtool without Native client enabled?

Thanks.

Regards,
Rebecca

Roger Wang

Nov 2, 2022, 1:05:43 AM11/2/22
to Chang Rebecca Swee Fun, nw.js
You could disable it without any issue.

Thanks,
Roger

Rebecca Chang

Nov 2, 2022, 1:09:31 AM11/2/22
to Roger Wang, nw.js

Am I still able to run through the NW.js sanity tests without enable_nacl=true flag?

For some reasons, ninja dist was needing a file nwjc and it wasn’t generated in ninja nw.js.

So I wonder did I missed anything from the port.