NW.js v0.64.1 Released with Node.js v18.0.0

Roger Wang

May 15, 2022, 7:08:43 PMMay 15
to nw.js

I'm pleased to announce NW v0.64.1 with Node.js v18 upgrade. The Chromium engine is updated as well.

In NW v0.64, Chromium 101 contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, but there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports MediaCapabilities API for WebRTC, AudioContext.outputLatency and more. Please check Chromium blog for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 101 milestone hotlist.

I've made the 0.64 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 101. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. I've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.

Best regards,
Roger Wang

ChangeLog

Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw64/CHANGELOG.md

Download

SDK build:

Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.64.1/

There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.

Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/

Known issues

http://docs.nwjs.io/en/latest/For%20Users/Migration/From%200.12%20to%200.13/#known-issues

Chang Rebecca Swee Fun

May 24, 2022, 4:08:11 AMMay 24
to nw.js
Hi Roger, I am having some issue with this release. Probably the documentation needs update? I can't seems to be able to run gclient sync with nw64 branches. Thanks.